ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2004, 03:04 PM   #1
scorch OP
Poser

Oddometer: 3,351
The pics from the pits

I had a blast today. I shook the cobwebs off the xr650r. Im really rusty, and I plan on putting on alot more dirt miles every weekend.

I did 65 miles today of trails. Another rider whom you might know as Xsquiggy was there.

I was sopposed to meet xsquiggy at a parking lot to show him the secret, place, but it turned out he got there late. So we started without him.

Alan, Frank, Chuck were already there. Chuck was pimping a brand new 250x. Supa cool. That bike looks very nice.

I started out leading, I don't know why, Chuck knows the pits better than I do. But its always fun leading, going in and out of trails, getting lost, riding around in the woods only to find out that you cannot move anymore, and need to back a 300lbs out of the thick brush.. Its always fun.

This is my bike trailering device, A honda carrying a honda.

Frank on the xr400, frank just started riding. But is getting more comfortable on the bike. He used to ride a xr650l, and he rode in very tight conditions. He prefers the xr400

This kid was unbelievable on that 110cc bike. I hope that he starts racing, because he has some major biking talent.

Alan dropping his bike

Alan dropping his bike again. lol, this little area is full of sand. And its fun to try to do spin outs and uturns on it. Its a bit tough. I have a hard time on my bike, because it seems it like sto wash out.

Took a wrong turn, and ended up burying the bike in a puddle.

chuck on the crf250x

Frank on the xr400r

This tunnel goes underneath I95

My bike, ain't she purdy

After the tunnel, you need to go up on this. Aim to the left, because there is a hole in the concrete that can cause some harm if you fall in. The morning was excellent. But later on in the day, alan fell in.

Alan doing it in style
scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:24 AM   #2
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,149
Looks like fun.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:34 AM   #3
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch

I had a blast today. I shook the cobwebs off the xr650r. Im really rusty, and I plan on putting on alot more dirt miles every weekend..
Nice pics! I see you're not far from Clarksville MD. My best friend from here in Richmond is about to move up there (against my advice ) and is planning on selling his KLX400 (DRZ-S) thinking there was no place to ride and nobody to ride w/. If he keeps it I'll have to hook him up w/ y'all.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 02:32 PM   #4
radon222
1150GS-ADV

Oddometer: 338
Gee...I wonder how many times I've driven over that tunnel and never knew that site was there