Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #286
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 5,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1305
Rick, my apologies for not making it over Saturday as I had planned. I ended having to (successfully) take care of some warranty business Saturday afternoon on a new toy I bought at the Rally and after that just couldn't find the motivation to break camp and ride down.

I must have ridden by your place Sunday though, about 1100ish I was heading down 208 after coming down via Hwy 70. I tried to figure out which drive was yours. I did notice one really steep one with a little switchback a few yards into it.

Thanks again for the offered hospitality.
good luck finding it . it took me 2 days to get it right, once ya see it you'll say how'd i miis that

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #287
Ron_Ces
Aging Hacker

Oddometer: 1,620
Looks like I missed out!

Times and dates did not jive to allow me to get to your place. We rode straight through to the Dragon and camped there late. Sorry I missed out on your hospitality. Next time for sure.
Ron
Honda Pacific Coast
Ron_Ces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:22 PM   #288
adakrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
rick rules

thanks for the hospitality rick, it was great to finally make it down to casa party boss's mountain. wed ride was the highlight of the week, will make it back to ride more of those roads for sure. was going to try to make it out sat for awhile but devil dog and i wrenched on my bike most of the day .
made it to @ 3 miles from athens ohio sun and my friend dave's charging system took a shit, put in the extra battery i was carrying and made it into athens. got a hotel and proceded to kill a bottle of vodka doin lemmondrops . charged the batteries and made it to his house, and i got home late last night. anyway thank you for the awesome time and be sure to thank candy, she is a prize for puttin up with us. till next time .
adakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #289
Rapid_Roy
finally understands

Oddometer: 25,550
Hiya Mike!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #290
Rapid_Roy
finally understands

Quote:
Originally Posted by adakrider
thanks for the hospitality rick, it was great to finally make it down to casa party boss's mountain. wed ride was the highlight of the week, will make it back to ride more of those roads for sure. was going to try to make it out sat for awhile but devil dog and i wrenched on my bike most of the day .
Tell them what it was and who found it!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #291
adakrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
hi roy, well to make a long story short it was initally the diode board. then the new one i bought was also bad, so after ripping the front cover on and off god knows how many times and finally getting all good parts in it, testing it and it was charging good and all buttoned up. i went to start it and nada, al looked down and i had forgot to tighten the ground cable at the tranny . bike purred like a kitten all the way home.
adakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #292
Rapid_Roy
finally understands

Quote:
hi roy, well to make a long story short it was initally the diode board. then the new one i bought was also bad, so after ripping the front cover on and off god knows how many times and finally getting all good parts in it, testing it and it was charging good and all buttoned up. i went to start it and nada, al looked down and i had forgot to tighten the ground cable at the tranny . bike purred like a kitten all the way home.
I didn't get the whole story.
It was great meeting you and the other Ohioans.

Dave didn't have as much luck though, huh?
Mine ran great too, almost 122 thousand on it.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #293
PARTY BOSS™ OP
FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer: 5,421
Quote:

Glad to hear you worked it out ! Mike you gotta come down and let me show you some more stuff in the fall .

And your right my wife is really a saint to put up with all the parties but this time I think she had a good time too!

Again stay tuned maybe an early oct rally at the cabin .
04'xt225 yamahammer
00' R0050RS Kinder Beemer SOLD

When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour. My nerves are jaded and gone near dead, so that nothing less then hours of voluntary danger will prick them into life..."

T.E. Lawrence
PARTY BOSS™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #294
PARTY BOSS™ OP
FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by red bud
good luck finding it . it took me 2 days to get it right, once ya see it you'll say how'd i miis that
And then the cold beers were dangled in front of you and you still couldn't come up and have one .Like a Bad Dream!

Next time I have a gig you gotta come up, we'll take a tour of the liquor cabinet
04'xt225 yamahammer
00' R0050RS Kinder Beemer SOLD

When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour. My nerves are jaded and gone near dead, so that nothing less then hours of voluntary danger will prick them into life..."

T.E. Lawrence
PARTY BOSS™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #295
Fauster
BACON AKBAR!

Oddometer: 474
I've never seen a bottle of Woodford Reserve go in two rounds...

Thanks for putting in the outside shower. That was a real treat Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. And next time, I'll bring the cigars with me instead of (unsuccessfully) hunting them in Greenville.

Maybe I can drag FBOMB down in October.

PA ADVrider Relay Rider
Fauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #296
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,989
Hi Fauster

Good meeting you over at the Fairgrounds.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #297
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 5,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1100RICK
And then the cold beers were dangled in front of you and you still couldn't come up and have one .Like a Bad Dream!

Next time I have a gig you gotta come up, we'll take a tour of the liquor cabinet
yea, i screwed that one up didn't i. cool place thanks for the invite i'll plan better next time. i was afraid of the tour . by the way have you ever heard of some guy called boojum?

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #298
Moto_Muffin
Motorcycle Muffin

Oddometer: 287
Got in last night around 6:30 after leaving Sunday morning and riding 350 miles a day on back roads for three days! Damn good time!

Was great to meet folks at the beer tent; very sorry we couldn't make it to Rick's. Next time!!
Moto_Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #299
Rapid_Roy
finally understands

I am posting the pics in my ride report, for those interested.

It was much better riding home with shoulders down were they should be, instead of covering my ears. If I was any more relaxed, I would have slid off my seat.