Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2009, 05:48 AM   #121
]I)Money
D NOT I

Oddometer: 3,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucko
I'll vouch for the ruggedness of Jesse's on an 1150, I've seen a friend's bike down on them with no ill effects.

Remember that the rack design has changed and the GS8 is a different animal than the 1100/1150/1200. Not every bike lends themselves to a ultra strong design without a lot of extra weight. I'm waiting to hear from inmates who've layed it over on the SW Motech racks. They look a little bendy to me. Hope I'm wrong
I did. don't have a picture, unfortunately. Scraped a lot of paint, but the racks held up great. At the time, only the racks were mounted, no bags.

"Another road remains, but it provides no more. It can only take us away"
]I)Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #122
Dave92029
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 554
Talking Got my Jesse Bags

I'm mechanically Challenged, but I installed my Jesse Bags by myself!

I admit that it took me a while to figure out how it all fit together, but when the Lightening Bolt finally hit, I saw just how simple the new Jesse mounting system is. Actually, the simplicity, and strength of the whole system really amazes me. Everything fits so well together. The spacing of the rear turn signal lamps, and gas cap is very close, to the Jesse mounting system, but there is just enough space so that the bags are close to the body.

This is my third set of Jesse Bags: R1150GS & R1200GS before this, but these bags feel the most solid, with the best fit.

I didn't want the large Odessey bags, so the Stylish Safari bags are perfect.

Every time I go out to the bike and see the Jesse Bags I get this big Grin.
Attached Images

IBA #43
2013 Vespa 300ie S GTS
2014 G650GS
Dave92029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #123
EdOriginal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
Another opinion on Jesses.

Just another opinion on bags.

I've had everything from Mermits, Happy Trails to my 2nd set of Jesses.
Strongly considered the MicaTech, good bags but decided to stick with the proven Jesses. I loaded my gear in a set of MicaTech's a few months ago and the Jesses will definitely handle more gear for me and it is much easier to pack clothes tighter with a top loading hard bag, and taking off a drybag on top of the Jesses has never been a big issue for me...2 straps.

Jesses has "greatly" improved the hinges, locks and racks. The installation was a snap and every bolt, nut and washer fit perfectly. 1 hour and 30 minutes to install racks and bags and one additional hour to install the top box. Covered the Jesses with 3M plastic and they will look like new for several years. The new design of the crank latches seems to work perfectly and is much easier to take off and put on than the old Jesses.

Top box – highly recommend never putting more than 10 to 15 pounds of stuff in the top box...makes the bike top heavy. There was very little riding difference with the bags mounted but definitely feel more wind disturbance when the bags are empty....if there is some weight in the bags the buffeting seems to go away.

Pictures also show my GPS Pelican box that so far works perfectly. And a helmet lock on the SW-Motech crashbar.

Jesse Boxes

KLR helmet lock attached to the crashbars

EdOriginal screwed with this post 06-23-2009 at 12:04 PM
EdOriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #124
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,833
Which model?

Ed which model Jesse's are they ?
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #125
LewisNClark
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 974
Model Jesses?

Odessey II Jesses.

The Top box is 7 years old and came off my last bike, 1150GS. I'd caution everyone to load the top box lightly...it definately make the bike top heavy if you put more than 20 or 30 lbs in it. I use the box box only for light bulkey stuff, ie: tent, footprint, bike cover and room for a riding jacket when not riding.

I've found you normally get most of your money back for GOOD bags when selling a bike. I basically gave away my Mermites and Happy Trails when I sold those bikes...just don't have any resale value.
LewisNClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #126
springfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
I LOVE MY JESSE CASES! Seriously, I really do love 'em. They're solid, easy on/off, look great and are bomber!

:)
Old 08-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #127
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

semi Circle

Ok I have to ask how thr F*ck did you guys get the bolts into those semi circles that mount to the bike frame. I just wasted an hour trying to get them in,,, either I am doing something wrong or you need the fingers of a 2 year old to get in the and turn them. Why not design them so the head is on the outside of the bike instead of the inside?

PS- My avatar describes exactly how I feel right now.

EDIT : Whew I finally got them. The right side was much easier than the left.

rockinrog screwed with this post 08-09-2009 at 05:08 PM
Old 08-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #128
DiabloBlanco
Intl' Hops Inspector

Oddometer: 301
Glad to hear of your success, I'd like to give a shout out to the toughness of Jesse's, I've dropped the bike fully loaded 4 times with the Jesse Odyssey II's on and everytime I cringe and am scared something is going to get bent/broken and I'll have to finish the next 4,000 miles with them taped/roped to the bike but damn these things are good. I even hit a car once with them and one of the times the bike dropped was when a car hit me (their bumper to my left Jesse making the bike fall onto the right Jesse). Thumbs up
US (MN, WI, IA, KS, OK, MO, TX), Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela. 11 down, 184 to go.
DiabloBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #129
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Finished

I thought I would mention that I got them mounted .. filled up with gas today..no problem. It did take a little fiddling with the pieces that mount to the inside brace to get everything lined up the way it was supposed to be.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #130
tmex
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfish
I LOVE MY JESSE CASES! Seriously, I really do love 'em. They're solid, easy on/off, look great and are bomber!

:)
Yep. I could not agree more. I have beat mine pretty hard and they have been more than up to the task. Great product and well worth the price. Friends with the Varios have destroyed them with similar abuse.