ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
YetiGS OP
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,346
Question F800GS - Where'd you mount your Stebel Nautilus?

I have a Stebel Compact Nautilus horn which I want/need to mount on my F800GS. I know a couple of y'all have installed them on your bikes but couldn't find any info or pictures showing where you put the horn.

Anyone able to hook a brutha up??
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
Dieselboy
Journey not Destination
 
Dieselboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Port of the Gasparilla
Oddometer: 1,122
PM sent.
__________________
Dieselboy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Adventure Continues
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
YetiGS OP
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,346
Thanks DB! You had a really good solution.


I'll have a look when I pull the bike apart this weekend and see what I come up with.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
The Griz
North Forest Rider
 
The Griz's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 3,779
Care to share this awesome and brilliant solution, being this is a forum?
__________________
PAUL BUNYAN FOREST RIDERS MC
2013 KTM 300 XC-W
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
YetiGS OP
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz
Care to share this awesome and brilliant solution, being this is a forum?


Clicky HERE


I'm not sure how I missed that thread since I did a search, but it didn't come up. Short version, he separated the horn from the compressor, mounted the compressor above the radiator and the horn below.

I'm going to try this weekend to find a place where I can keep them together. We'll see.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
Phil J
Dirty Guy
 
Phil J's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Martinez, CA
Oddometer: 6
Mount that horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS
I have a Stebel Compact Nautilus horn which I want/need to mount on my F800GS. I know a couple of y'all have installed them on your bikes but couldn't find any info or pictures showing where you put the horn.

Anyone able to hook a brutha up??
I mounted mine where the stock horn was mounted. I removed the plastic guard under the triple-clamp and carved out the bottom so the horn would fit without moving. I placed the round black cover in the large hole where the stock horn was mounted. I secured the Nautilus horn with some very long cable ties. The horn mouth is facing back and down so road crap won't get in it. I could post pictures too if I can figure out how to do it.

The installation is very clean and up and out of the way and can't be seen unsless you stick your head under the fender. I ride in a lot of dirt and was concerned that the bouncing and jarring would cause the weight of the horn to fatigue the plastic guard that it's monted to to crack or break off because the plastic piece is not rigid and I have had no problem with it, so far.
Phil J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Dieselboy
Journey not Destination
 
Dieselboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Port of the Gasparilla
Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil J
I mounted mine where the stock horn was mounted. I removed the plastic guard under the triple-clamp and carved out the bottom so the horn would fit without moving. I placed the round black cover in the large hole where the stock horn was mounted. I secured the Nautilus horn with some very long cable ties. The horn mouth is facing back and down so road crap won't get in it. I could post pictures too if I can figure out how to do it.

The installation is very clean and up and out of the way and can't be seen unsless you stick your head under the fender. I ride in a lot of dirt and was concerned that the bouncing and jarring would cause the weight of the horn to fatigue the plastic guard that it's monted to to crack or break off because the plastic piece is not rigid and I have had no problem with it, so far.
Okay Phil that sounds interesting, so figure out the pic thing and cough it up.
__________________
Dieselboy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Adventure Continues
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #8
The Griz
North Forest Rider
 
The Griz's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 3,779
Thanks! Good solution!
__________________
PAUL BUNYAN FOREST RIDERS MC
2013 KTM 300 XC-W
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014