ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
Goldburg OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
Boone - Blowing Rock Hotel/cabin/basement

I'm gonna ride the parkway from 8/28-9/1 and I need a place to crash in the Boone/Blowing Rock area on Saturday night, 8/29. Any recommendations? I'll spend the next night at the Iron Horse Motorcycle resort in Stecoa, I hope. I want to get up and do Deal's Gap, and Chehola skyway before heading back to Kannapolis to visit with my folks.

The first night I'll probably be in the Waynesboro, VA, area if anyone has suggestions for up there.

I'm not set up with equipment for camping or I would definitely be doing that...Thanks for the help.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 5,057
high mt campground has cabins

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
lgajohnymac
(*)

Oddometer: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldburg
I'm gonna ride the parkway from 8/28-9/1 and I need a place to crash in the Boone/Blowing Rock area on Saturday night, 8/29. Any recommendations? I'll spend the next night at the Iron Horse Motorcycle resort in Stecoa, I hope. I want to get up and do Deal's Gap, and Chehola skyway before heading back to Kannapolis to visit with my folks.

The first night I'll probably be in the Waynesboro, VA, area if anyone has suggestions for up there.

I'm not set up with equipment for camping or I would definitely be doing that...Thanks for the help.
Check on some consignment camping locations in your area. You can get gear for cheap. Also might look into chinamart for something to get you started in camping until you can figure out what you want. If you end up at a cheap hotel just one night, you just bought a half of a tent!
lgajohnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #4
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,190
Linville Falls Lodge is nice and Bear Den Campground is really nice. They have a few little cabins and great tent sites. Both are a little farther south than boone but not much. Bear den's road is directly off the parkway. I have stayed at both and enjoyed both.

http://www.bear-den.com/

http://www.linvillefallslodge.com/
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
Armadillofz1
Retarded Motardian

Oddometer: 745
JUST SOUTH OF BOONE IN FOSCOE IS HIDDEN VALLEY MOTEL. NEAT PLACE. NON-CHAIN MOTEL (SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS AND ALL THAT). http://www.hiddenvalleymotel.com/
ASK JIM ABOUT THE BACK WAY ONTO THE PARKWAY. ITS ABOUT 3 MILES OF DIRT ROAD ONLY THE LOCALS USE.

sorry for all caps, at work and forgot to un-cappslock it.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:10 AM   #6
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,557
bear den campground is $35 a night! no way would i pay that...like most campgrounds, they seem to be catering to Rv's. I'll be in that area too from sept 8-11. hope i have better luck finding a place to camp.
kitesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
ridered3000
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer
bear den campground is $35 a night! no way would i pay that...like most campgrounds, they seem to be catering to Rv's. I'll be in that area too from sept 8-11. hope i have better luck finding a place to camp.
Try www.blueridgeparkway.org They quote camping at 16 bucks a night or 19 a night if you reserve a space. Price Park is on the Parkway and is very close to Blowing Rock.
ridered3000 is offline   Reply With Quote