ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,330
CroMag 2009 at Silver Lake State Park Barnard, VT 9/25-27.

Update 9/21/09
Today is the last day you can let me know you are coming. I have to turn in the list of names tomorrow to the ranger. Stop procrastinating, the weather is supposed to be great for a fall weekend. Daytime temps in the 70's nighttime temp 42 degrees. That is a gift for this time of year. The leaves are starting to turn the last couple of days. Should be a real nice weekend.

Update 9/9/9
You can start sending your $30 paypal payments to CroMag2009@gmail.com.The account is confirmed go ahead and make your payments. Please include inmate name and real name with paypal payment, thank you for making it easier on me that way. Also, if you are paying for more than one attendee, I will need the additional name(s) too. Thank you.

Greetings All,

The fellow from the State of Vermont says we are all set, even though I do not have the agreement in hand as of yet. He says not to worry, he has just not had time. Based on today's conversation with him I am going to set out here what is up and then when I am totally confident of what the situation is it will be posted in Rally Forum.

This will be a bikes only event. You must arrive at Silver Lake State Park on a motorcycle. Their rule, not mine. If you need to do something differently, as long as too many people don't ask, I may, that is may, be able to help find you a place to leave a vehicle. They just do not have space for more than the bikes and I think that may be tantamount to how they are letting us use the facility when it is officially closed. Quarters may be doubled or tripled up depending on our numbers, but they don't have a problem with that and we hope you don't either.

I think the event will cost you a cool $30 and will include the tenting facility, head and a fire Friday and Saturday night, and a 2009 sticker. Unfortunately, the late notice from Silver Towers cost us the kitchen facility. But the good news is one of the inmates here is a traveling chef along with his SO. Graciously, he has offered to provide the following:

We will provide pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, slaw, cornbread, and watermelon for dessert, and will request a donation to Dana-Farber (by way of the Pan Mass Challenge) for $15 per person. Personal checks will be OK (made out to PMC) and the donation is 100% tax-deductible (we'll have receipts for those that want one).

I like the idea and we will still be helping a charity, albeit in a smaller way, it is a great cause. I know there were some veggies in the group and we will offer a double helping of baked beans without the fatback to them. Seriously, I will need a headcount of the plant eating missing links and see what can be done to accommodate you as well. As you can see, payment for that will be at the dinner and is tax deductible.

You probably noticed there is no mention of spirits above. VT law makes it impossible to collect money and serve spirits without severe potential consequences. I tried to lure some of the local brewers to come on board, but it just is too much expense and liability for them to be interested. You have to be licensed and schooled to serve and they have to be on site at all times. It was a tough sell; 3000 people maybe I could have gotten their attention. If you care to imbibe, it is not a problem at all, you just have to pay for it and bring it yourself. On that note as well, VT does not allow kegs on their properties. I am sure someone with a hack has the ability, but the ranger and I will have to turn you away. Believe me, I have the coolest dispensing set-up you will ever see, but it is just not allowed. Sorry, but now that we are beggars, our choices are very limited.

If there is money left over, you have fun, and want to do this again it will be applied to next years event. If someone else wants to step up to the plate and get the event back on private property it will be seed money for them. Sound fair enough? I'd really like to have an accountant handle the money end of this, but no one has come forward.

Details on payment procedure will be posted when this goes on the rally site. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up as time is closing in quickly. The leaves are starting to get a little tint already on the scrub trees in these parts. Should be beautiful riding in the Green Mountains.

Looking forward to seeing you in VT.

Please comment, if I can make you happier I will do my best. If I can't, well we will have to see if I can with more time to organize in the future. If anything should be changed I want to have the heads up before Nate moves this to Rallies.

Cheers!

shrineclown screwed with this post 09-21-2009 at 10:02 AM
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote