Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,037
Three Corners Of Idaho-Oregon-Nevada 2009

High desert in the fall on thumpers. It doesn't get much better than this. After last years ride that I planned: 700 miles in two days Three Forks-Trout Mtns and the Steens
I wanted to get into Nevada and explore some of the mountains that I've always looked at to the south while riding in the desert of Idaho/Oregon. I always look down at those mountains and think: "There has got to be some great riding and scenery down there". This was the year I would make it finally. Now I'm already planning next years ride to get even further into Nevada.

The beginning. There were originally 7 people planning on going with me. A few days before the ride that number was down to 4. I got to the meeting place and Kent on a KLR650 was the only one to show up. Bob on a DRZ400S was taking a different route to the first nights camp.

Kent and my DR650 in Succor Creek Canyon.

We rode dirt most of the way to Jordan Valley. Gassed up and headed for the North Fork of the Owyhee River. Sunset just before we dropped into the canyon.

The campground at the North Fork Crossing.

Got out of camp about 8:30 Friday morning September 25th. A lot of nothing out there, I love it!! I'm a desert rat, I can't help myself.

We were headed south over Juniper Mountain towards the East Fork of the Owyhee River. A bit dusty. 85 to 90 degrees forecast for the weekend. Not a cloud in the sky for the whole ride.

More wide open spaces.

Here comes Kent.

Followed by Bob.

And here comes the East Fork canyon.

Last time I was out here was about 10 years ago on a XR400R. I remember the descent being kinda nasty and the return ascent being even nastier. This time we were on fully loaded dualsports. At least we won't have to go back up right? Well, that is dependent on making the Owyhee River Ford. Here is Bob pondering the descent.

Part of the descent.

More to come.

trailrider383 screwed with this post 12-17-2009 at 09:37 AM
trailrider383 is offline   Reply With Quote