Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
MCMXCIVRS
Begining the Adventure

Oddometer: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBen
Heidenau on the rear and TKC on the front. That combination works for me. The TKC's are too soft for the rear and don't last. I get twice the distance from the rear Heidenau and it's cheaper and performs as well. I used to run them front and rear on my 1200 (I had one before I saw the light). My ride report 'Goldfields' has some muddy stuff on the 1200 - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444380. The front TKC still outlasts the rear Heidenau as the 800 is very light on the front tyre. I prefer the more agressive tread on the front wheel (the front Heidenau is quite tame compared to the rear). Some photos and a short comment on the Heidenau's (distances, performance etc) at http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=497221&page=6
Good to know that combo works. I am going to need a new rear much sooner than the front TKC and will probably get the K60 for the back now instead. I wasn't sure about going that route, I've always kept to matched tires in the past, but wasn't thrilled with the idea of getting the quick wearing rear TKC again. I went with the TKCs to replace the original Anakees since I wasn't able to find a supplier to get the K60s quick enough for my summer trip. Still need to pin down a supplier that ships to or is in Canada.
MCMXCIVRS is offline   Reply With Quote