|10-09-2009, 07:51 PM||#1|
+/- V TDSPP
Joined: Oct 2004
North American Wild Card Tag-O-Rama
For all of you looking for a little something different-
For something to go riding for when all those regional tags are in some other region than yours--
Here is one that you can play every day. Its a WILD CARD TAG.
The premise is very much like the tag games you play right now, only I'll give you an example.
If I have the tag, I posta pic of my bike under a water tower or a trestle bridge, or something and and call it a theme of "Water towers" or "Trestle Bridges" or whatever. The First person to find a water tower or trestle bridge or whatever gets the new tag.
It should be able to move around VERY quickly, as there is probably a lot of things near you that are similarly near other people. Maybe even in your back yard!
Check out the Empire State version of this tag for a more detailed example.
And I'll copy/paste the rules over for posterity.
North American Wild Card Tag-O-Rama
The point of the Wild Card tag is to reproduce a similar photo of an object or place that can be found in many different locations around North America. Much like a scavenger hunt, examples include specific street signs, a railway crossing with train, yourself at a toll booth with reciept, etc.... Get creative
Rules are easy...
1. Find a SIMILAR tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.
2. Upon posting your new tag, the tagger is responsible for specifying what it is in the photo that must be reproduced. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus.
* Try to place the tags in interesting locations, objects or places that could probably be found in at least the majority of the continent.
3. Tag must be: a) Common amongst North America & b) not placed on a trail or seasonal road. Dirt is ok, but remember some of us are on street bikes.
* Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.
4. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
5. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
6. No whining There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules
7. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag)
8. No Pre-Arranged Tag Handoffs / Linear Tag sequence
9. The motorcycle in the picture must get to the tag location under its own power (The vfr870 rule).
10. Last but not least, should the tag be soo ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, it can be voted down if a majority of the active participants feel necessary.
Remember, the point of this is not to win the game, or get a better picture than the guy who just bruced you, the point is the ride. On that note, if someone tags a post office. Rather than get out and ride a block to my local post office, I might ride an hour or so, out to the historic post office a few towns over.... Make it interesting.
I will make the first one easy, and sort of lame, but its one of the latest pics I have. I have a really cool one, of course, but its a file photo...
For now, though:
Now GO. SEEK OUT THY VERY OWN GAS STATION AND POST THY PIC POST HASTE.
Looking forward to riding with you, virtually.
Ideas not yet taken:
tool booth photo by attendant
moose crossing sign
"Why BMW? You like to suffer? My sister, she has five kids, no husband. You come over?"
Stagehand screwed with this post 10-10-2009 at 09:43 AM
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|