Old 10-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #2476
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
We drained the gas

and put the extra in Tanna's car.

disconnected the batteries,

and wedged the bikes in.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #2477
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

We hiked back

to the hotel...

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
Old 10-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #2478
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

We checked out of

the hotel, and spent the day with Lisa, eating our way along Seattle's waterfront. I actually tried my hand at iMovie, and put together something a little more polished than the raw clips I've been foisting upon the world to this point... so, I give you:

Old 10-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #2479
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

We killed

a few more hours wandering around,

Checked out the Seattle Art Museum sculpture park

(there's a pair of these at Storm King, by the way)

Old 10-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #2480
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Topped things off

with a visit to REI, and a cuppa joe.

It was a great way to ease ourselves back into polite society.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #2481
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Lisa was kind

to offer to schlep us all the way back down to the airport even though it was totally in the wrong direction from her home.

Mount Rainier seemed to float above the earth:

We said our good-byes, and see-ya-laters...

but it was still three and a half hours before boarding.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #2482
j2beers
Taxpayer

Oddometer: 40
Always a treat to follow your continuing adventure.

Let me know if I can assist with some fun GPS tracks through southern BC for Mobius V.
j2beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #2483
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2beers
...Let me know if I can assist with some fun GPS tracks through southern BC for Mobius V.
Funny you should mention that... 'cause at the airport, we were already starting to think about Mobius-V... and we saw a sign:

So I may just take you up on that offer.

We found a bar/restaurant, and spent some time eating, drinking, looking at tiny photos on the camera screens, recounting our adventure, and debriefing :

Finally, our flight left... non-stop this time.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:23 AM   #2484
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

It was still raining

in NYC, just like when we had left,

we made our way up a deserted Broadway the last two blocks on foot since the cabbie wouldn't drop us off north of Houston since it was in a different "zone" from the airport.

waiting outside our door was a package... Hey Roy... I have your case cover, and we owe you a new stator.

it was good to be home.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:04 AM   #2485
lousot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
dave movies are getting better.off to Alaska next
Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #2486
Hamon
I just like riding

Oddometer: 289
Guys, this trip has been a morning staple for me for quite some time. I've really enjoyed going along for the ride, watching the growth that has happened in both of you and also seeing the way you two communicate. It's fantastic.

Let me be the second to offer services in routing through southern BC. There's a ton to be experienced, with more than a few vistas along the way. Also, if you haven't already, www.dualsportbc.com is an excellent resource for finding routes through BC. We can help you out.

Travis

PS: I first heard of Sweetcheeks from this report. Since then, I recommended them to my Dad for his DRZ, and he rolled for 6K miles in booty comfort up to Inuvik, NWT, and back this summer.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762691 <- 3 months of moto fantasticity
Hamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #2487
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock
the hotel, and spent the day with Lisa, eating our way along Seattle's waterfront. I actually tried my hand at iMovie, and put together something a little more polished than the raw clips I've been foisting upon the world to this point... so, I give you:

That was really cool, great job.
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #2488
booty0
Booger eater

Oddometer: 174
Old 10-26-2009, 09:59 AM   #2489
lousot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
this is funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by booty0
Old 10-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #2490
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 10,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock
we made our way up a deserted Broadway the last two blocks on foot since the cabbie wouldn't drop us off north of Houston since it was in a different "zone" from the airport. ... it was good to be home.
Yeah, good to be home in the land of lazy bastard rip-off artists. Hope you saved the receipt and that passenger information tag they handed you on line at the airport. I'll be happy to help you make a complaint...

http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/pas...er_compl.shtml