Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
Adam990 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Terrible experience with Cycleworks Edmonton and KTM Canada

A little background to this story, in April, I bought a 2009 KTM Adventure 990 from Cycleworks on the south side of Edmonton, about 2 weeks later the snowflake icon on the dash starts to blink that its cold outside, but its really not cold at all, so I ignored it for most of the summer until the last week in August, then the bike start stalling and sputtering, and left me stranded downtown 4 times at various places for a couple of hours throughout the evening.
I dropped the bike off at Cycleworks on September 10th and on the 23rd of September they call me and tell me its fixed, so I take time off work to go pick it up as soon as I can, and borrow a trailer from a friend, and get it home. I run inside, grab my gear and start it up and I can already tell from the idle they haven't fixed anything, they said they cleared the codes and took it for a test ride. I head out on the bike and head for Wayne Gretzky drive, but just before I head south on Wayne Gretzky, the bike starts to stall and buck again by the Agricom, I finally manage to limp it back home with it stalling several more times and phone Cycleworks to come pick it back up as I'm not going to bring it back there.

I still don't have the bike back..... today is the 18th of November, nearly 11 weeks to fix the running problem and the snowflake icon, and over 12 weeks that the bike hasn't run right

I find this to be completely unacceptable service from any shop, car, bike, bicycle, etc.

I've phoned KTM Canada multiple times now to see what the phook is going on with the bike as the service guys at Cycleworks keep telling me they are waiting on the tech support at KTM, KTM says they are emailing Cycleworks, and well its just a big ball of shit.

I've now made over $1000 in bike payments for a bike I haven't seen in nearly 3 months and no one seems to give a phook that I've missed the last 3 months of riding season, especially considering that the last 3 months of fall have been utterly gorgeous riding weather on a lot of the weekend

The last and final time I will grace the doors of any Cycleworks shop will be to pick up the bike for the last time, this has been an utterly ridiculous exercise in futility trying to get anything done at Cycleworks.
If I were you I wouldn't buy anything with a motor from them as the chances of them managing to fix it seem pretty goddamn slim.
unfortunately Canada doesn't have any lemon laws or I would be getting rid of this bike, although a lawyer may still be contacted to help me get rid of this piece of shit.

http://www.cycleworks.com/

Adam
Adam990 is offline   Reply With Quote