ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
scorch OP
Poser

Oddometer: 3,352
Todays ride in the dirt

Were pretty nice. Empty, except for me and doug and two guys on quads.

It wasnt my day. I fell a few times. I rode to the parking lot, but of course I took the tag from my triple and stuck it on the xr. After a few falls, I ripped it in half! Now I need to go to the mva to get 2 tags. :(

Alot of the open areas were pretty dry, I fell on a few sections that seemed dry but were slick ice. It was pretty fun, but the falls really had me down.

In the beginning we rode down switzer road and turned on the smaller part of the pits, in that big clearing we saw a couple of dump trucks and a few crews doing some work. It seems like they are building something there. And there is also another building and clearing site in the warehouses where we used to park.

We rode in this section briefly, then crossed over old gunpowder. Found another trail that goes to 198, and it seems like there are more trails across it, I need to check it out more.

Doug let me borrow his drz, and I got on it and took a nice spill. Luckly I didnt damage it, the front tire followed a rut and I fell the right. Hurt my right leg a bit, but nothing major. Kinda sucks the xr does not have a kick start, cause I had to keep kicking it all the time, and an electric start would have been great then.

The drz feels totally different than my xr. It handles really well, but it feels just as heavy. On the drz, it seems like I sit inside the bike, while on the xr i sit on top of it. The drz had tons of power, but not as much as my porker.

Thanks for letting me ride your bike, next time get on my xr and take it for a spin. I think the drz handles a bit better, but im just used to the xr :)

I like the wr250 more than the drz thou, it handles so much better. Thats a nifty little bike. It would be awesome to legalize that wr.

We took off and got into the trails on buzzuto landscaping, and finally managed to connect these trails to the big part of the pits by going across a road. I had a bit of trouble getting up the road, but doug did it like it was nothing.

We went underneath the 95 tunnel, and that gap that allan fell in is bigger. And only a small rock is there. Someone needs to take a sheet of strong plywood and put it down, because I dont think it will hold for very long.

After riding on the big area for a while, we stopped and I noticed that dougs tire was a bit low, and to his suprise he had a flat tire. And I looked at my bike, and noticed the tag hanging sideways, the tag ripped in half in one of my many falls.

We both agreed that it might be better to head home, it was alot of fun. But it wasnt my day.
scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 02:58 PM   #2
CityClip
Upgraded to Scooterdom

Oddometer: 843
Do you work?
Old 12-29-2004, 03:09 PM   #3
scorch OP
Poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityClip
Do you work?

You suck!!!

I am working right now dawg... I usually work all night. Play during the day.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:28 PM   #4
CityClip
Upgraded to Scooterdom

Oddometer: 843
Actually Scorch you suck more than I suck. Anyone who can do what you do midweek has to suck or something.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:29 PM   #5
scorch OP
Poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityClip
Actually Scorch you suck more than I suck. Anyone who can do what you do midweek has to suck or something.
Well, im finishing taping my license plate together. Now im going for a ride on my triple

Get that xr600r dawg, thats got yo name on it. You can store it in my house. Just leave the keys.