Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
RoughReady OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
BMW R100GS Aftermarket Sidestand

Howdy. Has anyone been able to locate a superior alternative to the stock R100GS sidestand. Browns won't work. This topic has come up numerous times. Apparently some have been able to fabricate a good replacement and there has been some discussion regarding someone fabricating a batch of them as it's apparent the demand is there. The only aftermarket sidestand I've been able to locate is this one: http://www.boxxerparts.de/xtcshop/pr...-R-80-G-S.html
Has anybody out there bought this one and, if so, please give me your opinion on this stand. They are pricey (roughly $230 or so including shipping) so I would really need some input prior to getting one.

My bike leans way over (even with with about a 3/4" extension plate under the foot) and is not confidence inspiring, especially when fully loaded. I'm assuming it's bent and the mounting attachment/crashbar is bent/worn/stressed as well. I love the Browns stand on my /6 and am not concerned about the ability of the sidestand to auto-retract or not - I just want a decent alternative to the stock setup.

Any tips, input on the Boxxerparts stand, advice, etc. would be appreciated. As mentioned, an ADV search shows that the stock stand is unsatisfactory for many folks but I've not been able to find a solution. Thanks
RoughReady is offline   Reply With Quote