ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2005, 08:48 AM   #16
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 14,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonLargiader
Definitely, Mellow Mushroom. Best eaten there (I don't know if they even deliver) and they have a pretty nice beer selection!

Hey, we should schedule a C-ville area ADVrider pizza night there!
This might call for its own thread. I'm IN.

Plus I can walk there easily from one of my work locations (don't ask).

--Pizza Connoisseur

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:04 AM   #17
Omi
0o0o0o

Oddometer: 4,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonLargiader
Definitely, Mellow Mushroom. Best eaten there (I don't know if they even deliver) and they have a pretty nice beer selection!

Hey, we should schedule a C-ville area ADVrider pizza night there!
If we can get a ride together and get pizza and beer afterward that would be very cool. I am good for a couple of pizzas and a 12 pack.
Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:09 AM   #18
Omi
0o0o0o

Sorry to hijack your thread Sarah.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:42 AM   #19
lamkata
lets go for a ride

Oddometer: 32
I live in Baltimore and looking for some dirt-gravel rides also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahM
Howdy ...
I'm in Baltimore, have been riding for four years, but have only ridden road. I'd like to start doing off-road stuff; I've got a Dakar, which I know is far from the ideal bike to start on, but can anyone suggest some places in the Maryland, etc. area where a beginner can get started and hopefully not break their neck? And is there a group here that goes out that tolerates beginners to come along?

Thx!
Hey Sarah I live in Baltimore also and have an Aprilia Pegaso 650. Almost the same bike !! I'm not an expert off road but I have seen amazing pictures of Pegs and Dakar's doing everything possible , so I'm going to learn how they do it!! I'd like to start doing off-road stuff as well so I'm starting to make some modifications on my bike to make it ready for some dirt ride.(Only in the hope to learn something from Scorch!!) I'm new on the area and haven't have the opportunity to ride very much arround yet. Actually I only have done some "solo" riding and went to ride ones with ED "el adventurero solitario". I will like to start riding with you as much as possible so just let me know!!
Are you going tomorrow to meet the adventure riders?? Just send me a message and I ride with you tomorrow if is ok with you ! I don't know how to get there !!
However is nice that we are going to star using or Aprilia -BMW bikes to something alse than road!!
NICK
lamkata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:40 AM   #20
Omi
0o0o0o

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamkata
Hey Sarah I live in Baltimore also and have an Aprilia Pegaso 650. Almost the same bike !! I'm not an expert off road but I have seen amazing pictures of Pegs and Dakar's doing everything possible , so I'm going to learn how they do it!! I'd like to start doing off-road stuff as well so I'm starting to make some modifications on my bike to make it ready for some dirt ride.(Only in the hope to learn something from Scorch!!) I'm new on the area and haven't have the opportunity to ride very much arround yet. Actually I only have done some "solo" riding and went to ride ones with ED "el adventurero solitario". I will like to start riding with you as much as possible so just let me know!!
Are you going tomorrow to meet the adventure riders?? Just send me a message and I ride with you tomorrow if is ok with you ! I don't know how to get there !!
However is nice that we are going to star using or Aprilia -BMW bikes to something alse than road!!
NICK
Starting in BALTIMORE, MD on N CALVERT ST - go 0.1 mi2.Turn on E LEXINGTON ST - go 0.1 mi3.Turn on GUILFORD AVE - go 0.1 mi4.Continue on SOUTH ST - go 0.1 mi5.Turn on LOMBARD ST - go 0.5 mi6.Turn on S HOWARD ST - go 0.2 mi7.Continue on I-395 SOUTH - go 0.7 mi8.Take the I-95 SOUTH exit towards WASHINGTON - go 30.3 mi9.Take exit #22B towards WASHINGTON onto MD-295 SOUTH - go 5.6 mi10.Take the WASHINGTON exit - go 5.1 mi11.Continue on L ST NW - go 0.2 mi12.Turn on 7TH ST NW - go 0.3 mi13.Arrive at 808 7TH ST NW, WASHINGTON, on the
Old 01-14-2005, 10:52 AM   #21
lamkata
lets go for a ride

Thanks!! At what time are y'all metting??

Thanks for the directions OMI1150GS, I was just doing the mapquest search!! at what time are y'all meeting?? what's the plan for tomorrow ???

lamkata screwed with this post 01-14-2005 at 12:25 PM
Old 01-14-2005, 11:10 AM   #22
Omi
0o0o0o

Quote:
Thanks for the directions OMI1150GS, I was just doing the mapquest search!! at what time are y'all metting?? what's the plan for tomorrow ???
Fado's at 11:30am. Gonna drink some beer and head to the show. See you there.
Btw. You are 8 days older than me.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:14 AM   #23
MrE
computer driver

Oddometer: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMI1150GS
There was also discussion of regrouping after the show at RFD for more beer (at least for those of us who are metro-ing)
The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
- Thomas Jefferson
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:17 AM   #24
Omi
0o0o0o

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnloe
There was also discussion of regrouping after the show at RFD for more beer (at least for those of us who are metro-ing)
I will be in that group. I think I got a small arm fracture, so no riding for a week or so.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:32 PM   #25
lamkata
lets go for a ride

OMI1150GS I'm IN!!I guess that you would be the one with the cast!!

OMI1150GS !!Hey we are getting old!!!

I will do my best to be there !! I'm riding!!! The metro does not go downtown Baltimore. So I guess that I drink my beers before the show and after i will get rootbeer!!! Is there any parking arround for my Pegaso!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMI1150GS
Old 01-14-2005, 12:52 PM   #26
Omi
0o0o0o

Quote:
OMI1150GS !!Hey we are getting old!!!

I will do my best to be there !! I'm riding!!! The metro does not go downtown Baltimore. So I guess that I drink my beers before the show and after i will get rootbeer!!! Is there any parking arround for my Pegaso!!
No cast, I don't go to the doc unless I am really hurt. Check out the thread on the show. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62637