Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
OSJ OP
Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer: 1,049
MA tagging...I was gonna work today...

really I was, but I just couldnt!

Sunday I met a few NERd's for lunch right down the road from me. I had to take the bike, even though it was in the 20's all day. But really it was only 3 miles from my office, and on the way home I didnt even plug in. I did take the long way but that was still only 8 miles. I stopped at Wachusett Country Club for a photo.

Today was different. I had planned on working all day behind the computer. I got all my contracts printed and mailed, now its time to print out Rd1 invoices and prepare some marketing materials to get mailed out.

But the bright sun peaking thru my office window and the promise from Dylan Dreyer of temps reaching 32 today got me thinking...

Would one more day playing really matter?
Is there a tag sitting?
Na, I really should get back to work.....

Screw it! Lets ride!!

I finally remembered to snap a photo of the dash before I left. This is for a the 2010 millage contest

I checked the ADV riders forum and noticed the MA tag was in Paxton, really not that far at all.

There tag folders keep rolling all winter long, these guys ride! During the "season" a tag might change a few times a day. Winter is slow right now, it only changes a few times a week.

It didnt take long for me to find Major Moore State Park on Rt31 in Paxton MA.

Im sure many of you massholes have driven by this place lots of times. Not too many people really know the history of Major Moore. Who was killed at the Battle of Bunker Hill. Leading local farmers during the battle Moore was struck by two bullets. Knowing the outcome was death he instructed his soldiers to leave in in the field of battle and retreat, knowing carrying his body would only slow them down and cause more deaths. This small state park is a memorial to the Paxton resident.

Not sure if this is where Major Moore is buried, but I do have some family here

From here I worked my way north. I made a big loop up thru Hubbardston, Templetown, Garnder and back down into Princeton. I stop in the center of Princeton for this shot.

I wanted to use this clock for the theme tag on the NER board that Steve had put up a few weeks ago. However the center of Princeton is pretty high so they tend to have alot more ice and sand then other towns. The amount of sand in that parking lot makes it challenging.

Speaking of Theme tags, the current one is a photo of your bike from inside a Dunkin Donuts....here like this one..

I hold it so I need someone to change the dam thing. This photo was taken in Sterling MA by my new buddy, Ken. I told him about the tag game and how this one has been sitting for a few weeks. His response was...

So Ken says get out there and keep that theme tag game rolling!!!!

Now I needed to do a little work, I headed over to see my buddy Chris who runs the local Lesco Store. Chris also rides, he has a ZX-12. Chris only rides 2-3 thousand miles a year. I asked him what he thought of Ducati's, his response was...

Kids

As you can see, he let me park inside while I was visiting him. I finished my pre order for the first 2 rds of product and signed up for some pesticide credit classes. So I guess I really did do some work today!

I left Chris and headed for my new tag location for the ADV board. Right down the street is the Lancaster Golf Center and this cool truck

The touch screen on my Blackberry storm doesnt like cold weather. It kept getting stuck when I touched any button. I buried it under my electric liner and headed off to ride.

Another loop brought me thru Shirley, Lancaster, Clinton, Boylston and again finally West Boylston. One final photo of the day before I put the red duck to bed for the night.

108 miles is what I did on February 1st 2010. I dont think the temp never got warmer than 33 the whole day. However my Heated clothing did a wonderful job, so just had to keep an eye out for ice patches to enjoy my day!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Joe?

Oddometer: 673
Nice ride, dD. Always good to see the tag moving along on the off season. Do you ever run into any questionable spots in sand or ice with such street oriented tires? Whenever I'm out below 32 on the stock "cruiser" rubber any overzealous throttle puts the back end sideways in a hurry. Certainly makes you appreciate those summer rides all the more.

Joe
Joe? is offline   Reply With Quote