|03-06-2010, 06:57 AM||#1|
What if its a Samsquamch?
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, Colorado
Hondo's 1983 CB1000 Custom Rejuvination
My 1983 CB1000C started burning some oil last year, and with approx 50,000 miles on it, it's time that I went "IN" to fix a few things-
- Remove the engine
- Degrease it
- remove the head and cylinder, inspect, clean up, lap seats
- At a minimum, replace the valve guide seals, base & head gaskets
- look the cam chain & tensioner over
- replace parts as needed
- clean up the frame, inspect all wiring
- remove the swingarm and service all bushings
- paint the engine before install
The before shot -
Had to buy a floor jack for the job -
Down and dirty- getting those carbs out was a bitch -
The insulators between the head & carbs are as hard as nails, so they got ordered too.
KLRWorld.com Forums - Nighthawk Forums
"Life's an adventure, and I refuse to live a boring one."
Hondo screwed with this post 03-06-2010 at 07:02 AM
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|