Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #16
channelcat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
get some Traders Joe scotch and apply with a scotchpad to the exhaust spigots. make every mating surface clean and brite, then piss off, get to Scotland and ride the wild north desolate, till you break down from a scorched piston, a product of your inattention, and lie desolate by the roadside until a blue eyed black haired country maid comes to you with comfort and scotch, or the local predators rip what remains of your liver out. Either way, if you gotta die, why not do it on the road, like the north of Scotland, instead of that yuppie infested Alaska.
Eeeh,
channelcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #17
Gravytrain OP
house husband

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by channelcat
get some Traders Joe scotch and apply with a scotchpad to the exhaust spigots. make every mating surface clean and brite, then piss off, get to Scotland and ride the wild north desolate, till you break down from a scorched piston, a product of your inattention, and lie desolate by the roadside until a blue eyed black haired country maid comes to you with comfort and scotch, or the local predators rip what remains of your liver out. Either way, if you gotta die, why not do it on the road, like the north of Scotland, instead of that yuppie infested Alaska.
Eeeh,
Old 03-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #18
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by channelcat
Eeeh,
bmwthrottlesprings.com

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #19
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,204
I sealed mine with a beer can. I thought about using a domestic beer can but then my bike would shake itself apart. I considered a British beer but then my electrical system would likely fail. A German beer can would surely cause my circlip to disappear and destroy my transmission.

I settled on Guiness. Ireland is fairly moto-neutral.

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code
bgoodsoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #20
Infracaninophile
Finding My Way..

Oddometer: 7,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil
I sealed mine with a beer can. I thought about using a domestic beer can but then my bike would shake itself apart. I considered a British beer but then my electrical system would likely fail. A German beer can would surely cause my circlip to disappear and destroy my transmission.

I settled on Guiness. Ireland is fairly moto-neutral.
Best post of the day Bg.

T.
Infracaninophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #21
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,204
thanks! I try

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code
bgoodsoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #22
camgregus
riding gently now

Oddometer: 2,996
Maybe a home brew, and it will feel like an airhead.....
Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 AM   #23
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Chances are the old aluminum gasket is now clogging up the inlet into the muffler, so take the muffler off and make certain you get it all out.

Might be the cause of the leak at the front end too.

Opening the inlet into the muffler out a little doesnt seem to harm much either - the small hole in the centre can be opened out to 1/2 " or so which will add a pleasing burble to the exhaust note and will sound a bit faster.

I tried aluminum flashing for the gasket but withing a couple of months it had vanished up the exhaust and was melted into a solid blob and blocking the muffler inlet again - I would just shell out the $13- and do the job properly.