User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2010, 04:03 AM   #1
Anti OP
Νέος

Oddometer: 28
QD exhaust-technical things for F800GS

Here I am again, requesting your valuable knowledge!

I searched on the beasts' section but I couldn't find a complete thread regarding the QD (twalcom) exhaust for 800gs!

So... I would like to hear your comments (from owners and not only) about its performance. I am interesting only for the silencer not manifolds.

At a search on the net I found this: http://img88.imageshack.us/i/87908438.jpg/

(I think the blue is the stock and red the QD silencer- am I correct )

My question is it worth? As I like it a lot, it's light weight and has an awesome sound!!! And of course its price was much much much less than the akrapovic.... So I already proceeded (yes yes I know I should have requested your help in advance...but I couldn't resist... for the abovementioned reasons)

To tell you the truth I was not interesting on improving my bike's performance (its hp is enough for me- but if it comes is welcome), mainly I don't want to make things worse!!!!

I haven't a complete opinion about bike's performance, as when i changed the silencer was right after the first service (1,000 klm/600 miles).....

I am your thoughts.... and comments!!!

Thanks

Anti screwed with this post 03-29-2010 at 08:18 AM
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:01 AM   #2
Anti OP
Νέος

Somebody? Any thought? Something?

Anti screwed with this post 03-30-2010 at 02:36 AM
Old 03-30-2010, 04:15 AM   #3
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,636
if it is an open exhaust, it will most likely rob you off some midrange and low end torque and give it back on the high end (if any). In most cases, changing an exhaust without the corresponding changes to fuel management, is not a worthy modification, but then again I am not familiar with your bike.
mousitsas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:37 AM   #4
Anti OP
Νέος

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas
if it is an open exhaust, it will most likely rob you off some midrange and low end torque and give it back on the high end (if any). In most cases, changing an exhaust without the corresponding changes to fuel management, is not a worthy modification, but then again I am not familiar with your bike.
That was my thought!

I've realized (based on my little exprerience) that there is a small difference on torque and linear driving. I don't know about the power, its very hard to say! Sure is more open than the stock silencer but again I can't say nothing, without putting it on dyno .

Especially my thoughts were that without manifolds there won't be any or great difference/ improvement on bike's performance.

I changed the stock pipe because I didn't like it! It was a visual and not a performance improvement (for me )!.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
skamikazee
Noviço

Oddometer: 245
I think that chart is only with TT® by QD - Tune-UP power gearbox (non homologated)

Old 03-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Anti OP
Νέος

Quote:
Originally Posted by skamikazee
I think that chart is only with TT® by QD - Tune-UP power gearbox (non homologated)
I think this is the chart that you're saying: http://img402.imageshack.us/i/f800gs...plmappatu.jpg/