User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
Sink
Stay Off The Slab

Oddometer: 910
Trust me on this one. Keep yor shield on you helmet closed . It is no fun to have a bee in your helmet when your going down the road

As said earlier, wear the gear. And invest in quality gear.

Put a few used dryer sheets in your helmet when you put it up, helps keep the odor down.

When putting your bike up for the winter put in stabilizer, around here they put ethanol in the gas and it soaks up water.

Keep the tank full when you put it up and raise the tires off the ground. Attach a battery tender to your ride. When I pull into the garage I hook mine up. Nothing worse to get all geared up to go for a ride and your battery is dead.

Most helmet manufactures and other riders recommended replacing your helmet every 5-6 years. They deterioate over time from sunlight, oil and aweat from your smelly head.

Never set your helmet on the seat or tank. It will fall off. It may cause damage that you can't see, until you fall off and it breaks in half.

Don't try to clean the bugs off your visor with a paper towel, it will scratch the shit out off it. When you get home from your ride soak a towel or paper towel, place it on it for awhile to soften the bugs. Then clean with a microfiber towel.

Sink screwed with this post 04-04-2010 at 02:53 PM
Sink is online now   Reply With Quote