Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
chasbo OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,510
A Ride Through Canaan Valley

Sometimes you just need to ride. Other people have therapists, I have a motorcycle. Whenever life starts to pile up and get to me, all I ever need to do is jump on the bike, twist the throttle and head out somewhere special and just let twisty roads and beautiful scenery bring me back to an even keel. I must have had "that" look the other day, because my wife suggested a good long ride might do me some good. Hey, who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth? So at the crack of dawn, I suited up, gassed the 990 up and headed west, my destination Sirianni's Pizza in Davis WV. I planned a nice twisty route there via some of the best roads in these here parts.

I started out on Route 40 west over Sidling Hill nd on through to Cumberland, Md.
Sidling Hill

Sidling Hill Creek

view from Town Hill

Then it was 220 south and 50 west into Virginia and some sweet twities...
Interesting Marker Stone on highway 50, no idea what it means...

From there I followed along Patterson Creek Rd to Petersburg West Virginia. Lots of farms and general greenery to enjoy...

Had a quick snack and filled the 990 back up in Petersburg before heading down 42 west to Smoke Hole Rd, maybe the most fun twisty road I've ever ridden.
Just cross this creek and crack open the throttle!