Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
nicomama OP
Rugged Rider

Oddometer: 468
Solo Chick Nicomama Zips on Over to Overland Expo 2010

How life unfolds and the people and events that are placed in our paths to help us reach our dreams still amaze me. This 3 day Overlanding event known as Overland Expo 2010 was a prime example of people coming together to inspire and be inspired by adventurers who shared stories, education and products that encouraged us to explore our worlds, both inside and out.

The one inspirational woman responsible for pulling together such a motivational exploration event is director Roseann Hanson. Roseann takes pride in presenting the first event that encompasses education, conservation, and inspiration, while getting families and women involved in huge numbers. I was so excited to meet the woman who single-handedly corralled a great team of volunteers, educators and vendors, all the while spreading awareness of the conservation of our land. But, what I was equally excited to find was that Roseann in person is one of the warmest, most caring and wonderfully positive woman I have ever met who has pulled off such a huge event. Here she is with her husband, Jonathan Hanson the executive editor at Overland Journal, one of the large supporters of the Expo...

This exciting one-stop three day event was on April 16, 17 and 18, and was the second year to provide a large venue designed to educate and inspire people to get out and discover the world. This year the venue was located at the Amado Territory Ranch in Amado, Arizona, south of Tucson...

This was the perfect location for the event, and I was not the only one to feel the "magic" of the event in unison with its surroundings.

I appreciate your patience in receiving this ride report. I hope some of you see inspiration in how my life is unfolding right now, because I do at this point. As soon as I got back from this wonderful event, I was given the news that I lost my home to foreclosure as we were in the middle of a loan modification process. It is all meant to be as we choose to see these events as blessings sent to us to shake us onto the path we are meant to be on.

Welcome to the next ride and chapter of my life...the magic of the Overland Expo, 2010.

nicomama is offline   Reply With Quote