ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2005, 08:10 AM   #1
SRG OP
SRG

Oddometer: 1,196
Charlottesville Ride Sat.?

I'm still miffed that I missed the ride last Sat. - sounds like you guys had a blast (except for the crashes and drunken rednecks part). I frequent some of of those same roads, but maybe I'll let the locals calm down a bit beore going back. Anyhow, it's going to be in the 50's on this coming Sat. - anyone want to try it again? I was thinking Coal rd./F.R. 42 over by Sherando to Vesuvius back up to the BRP through some more gravel on the other side then down past Crabtree Falls. Any other DS route would be great too - I'd like to find/be shown some new ones. Anyone up for it?

SRG
Old 03-01-2005, 09:53 AM   #2
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 15,157
I'm always game. Problem is, I don't know many off-road places to ride -- so I'll be following too. (all together now ... "n00000000b" ...)

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:36 PM   #3
SST
Lost again...

Oddometer: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG
I'm still miffed that I missed the ride last Sat. - sounds like you guys had a blast (except for the crashes and drunken rednecks part). I frequent some of of those same roads, but maybe I'll let the locals calm down a bit beore going back. Anyhow, it's going to be in the 50's on this coming Sat. - anyone want to try it again? I was thinking Coal rd./F.R. 42 over by Sherando to Vesuvius back up to the BRP through some more gravel on the other side then down past Crabtree Falls. Any other DS route would be great too - I'd like to find/be shown some new ones. Anyone up for it?

SRG
Sorry you missed the ride. It was fun. Don't hold your breath for getting "the group" together again anytime soon since the "Poonietate of Albemarle" is in semi-retirement . (Just kidding Poonie). But I am sure if you want to do a ride some folks will show up. I'm up for a ride on Saturday (after 9:30 a.m.) but at this point weather looks iffy although I'm stupid enough to ride in any weather.

I don't know the roads/dirt roads/trails around here too well but I have a GPS so we hopefully won't get too lost. We can just go exploring but I'll just have to get the local redneck hot spot warnings from Ted on where NOT to go.
Rallymoto #165
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:48 PM   #4
scorch
Poser

Oddometer: 3,402
come on up to my hood. Ill show you around the trails.

How about it?
scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:52 PM   #5
grimmboy
Chris Grimm

Oddometer: 875
I'm in, just have to dump the kids off somewhere. Poon and I rode that way one time when he had the 650. See everyone when and where???????
grimmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:20 PM   #6
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Oddometer: 1,280
My redneck knowledge is hollow specific. Any deviation from said areas may be cause for additional surprises.

Going to Richmond Sat. to do what I was supposed to do there last Sat. Ya'll have fun. (Watch following those GPS's).
OldnoGPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:03 AM   #7
SRG OP
SRG

Oddometer: 1,196
I see the Progress is backpedaling on their weather prediction for Sat. As it gets closer maybe they aim improves. Anyhow, if it's anywhere near 50 and not raining i'd like to go. You guys can decide when and where to meet - anytime from mid morning on is good w/ me. Looking forward to it.

SRG
Old 03-03-2005, 11:56 PM   #8
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 15,157
I'm out -- got a few "get ready for Daytona" errands to run in the morning, and am heading to Richmond that afternoon.

I'll probably be riding down 29 early on Sunday morning to go to breakfast at Michael's (in Chapel Hill), though.

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 02:42 PM   #9
SST
Lost again...

Is it a GO?

So anyone riding Saturday? Rain, snow and/or sunshine?

If weather is bad (cold,snowy or wet) we can stay East of the mountains and do a dirt road ride on some of the same stuff we road last wekeend and/or drop down to Batesville and hang at lower elevations.
Rallymoto #165
Old 03-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #10
SST
Lost again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jck22903
I'm out -- got a few "get ready for Daytona" errands to run in the morning, and am heading to Richmond that afternoon.

I'll probably be riding down 29 early on Sunday morning to go to breakfast at Michael's (in Chapel Hill), though.
Have fun at Daytona. (Bike week I assume) If so,take pictures and remember to post 'em!! We used to go to Bike Week every year when I was a kid (throughout the 70's). Haven't been back since 1978. Maybe someday...
Rallymoto #165
Old 03-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #11
grimmboy
Chris Grimm

Oddometer: 875
The weather does not look promising coupled with the fact I got to move stuff for the granola chewing/ tree hugger school fund raiser tomorrow night at Star Hill.

SST you could help, call me at home
grimmboy is offline   Reply With Quote