ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #16
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer: 12,550
My schedule is hell- "welcome to management! Now get to work!"... but I'm IN for whenever we pick it- September is a great choice- if we can find a big release weekend on the Gauley, all the better. I rode to the put in for the Gauley trips, right below the dam... and there's a nice little campground right there- surrounded by nice roads.

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #17
2ndSPACE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
My schedule is hell- "welcome to management! Now get to work!"... but I'm IN for whenever we pick it- September is a great choice- if we can find a big release weekend on the Gauley, all the better. I rode to the put in for the Gauley trips, right below the dam... and there's a nice little campground right there- surrounded by nice roads.
It been a few years. The put in at the dam was a class 4. I heard they were going to change the put in because a hydro-electric dam was to be built.

We had a tail gunner at Drift a Bit which made the trip more fun and challenging. I don't like the center seat rigs as much.
2ndSPACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:25 PM   #18
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer: 12,550
I've only done it with the guide in the stern (not gonna say "rear" on this board~!) I imagine that the experience isn't as good if the guide is doing all the work from the center. There was a hydro station at the dam I was at, IIRC~ and a nice lake above with lots of folks skiing and such~ Lots of river rats milling around- beers in hand. Looked like a nice spot to spend the weekend. Let's go, boys! I'm sure Twisted and Poonie would be up for it- Steve knows how to swim, doesn't he?! Two boats worth would be a real hoot~

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:11 PM   #19
MrE
computer driver

Oddometer: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
I've only done it with the guide in the stern (not gonna say "rear" on this board~!) I imagine that the experience isn't as good if the guide is doing all the work from the center. There was a hydro station at the dam I was at, IIRC~ and a nice lake above with lots of folks skiing and such~ Lots of river rats milling around- beers in hand. Looked like a nice spot to spend the weekend. Let's go, boys! I'm sure Twisted and Poonie would be up for it- Steve knows how to swim, doesn't he?! Two boats worth would be a real hoot~
So FreakingRT was talking about a September get together for the East Coasters. Could that = this?
The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
- Thomas Jefferson
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:45 PM   #20
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,665
Count me and No Computer Dave in for a fall ride/raft trip!

Quote:
Yur confusion is because there were two identical threads in different forums. You posted on one. Then, you must have come back and opened the other and did not see yur post so you posted again. After that, I combined the two threads. ….See, so simple
ok, I'll buy that. I just hit see new posts, don't bother checking which forum it's in. It's the fact that it was combined so closely after my second post that confused me......

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 02:20 PM   #21
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser
It's the fact that it was combined so closely after my second post that confused me......
Yep, that and you are full of gin again, aren't you?

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:37 PM   #22
2ndSPACE
Beastly Adventurer

I am in. There is a section of the river that is like whoops, for lack for a better term, we put my wife on the bow and rest of us at the stern. She launched a good 15' up.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:44 PM   #23
2ndSPACE
Beastly Adventurer

Gauley release dates and prices

Drift a Bit has camping and beer on the bus ride back.