ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2005, 08:34 AM   #31
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,319
Hey Anton

Congrats on the new bike repair business. I just saw you advertisement in the Spokes providing maintenance for folks in the C'ville area

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:59 PM   #32
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 15,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonLargiader
It'll be easier if I know who wants to stay in, who wants to get in, and most importantly who wants to get out. That's what this thread is about!
I'd like to get in.

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 03:49 PM   #33
AntonLargiader OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,191
Sorry John and SRG, looks like the tire changer is heading south. As I mentioned, I have one here but it's the POS from Harbor Freight. Grimm has the same one and has made some mods to it that I need to check out.

When I bought it I figured that once I was changing more tires than I could handle with it, I'd spring for a powered unit. Maybe that'll come sooner rather than later, especially if I can sell a few shares in it. Looks like they can be had for roughly twice the cost of the 220, which isn't bad. I saw a really good operator use one down by Deal's Gap and it was incredibly fast, easy, and safe for the rim. When I buy one, I'll probably send the HF unit out to Denver so I have something to change GS tires with.

Phil - thanks! Business is actually picking up. Too bad I have about 6 weeks worth of commitments out of town. :(
Old 03-13-2005, 10:46 PM   #34
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer: 12,550
Just back from Daytona and checking in...- where the fuck WERE you guys?!

I'm a mobile dood- I can go to Blacksburg for a tire change if I have to- it's a good excuse to drink Steve's beer and polute his septic system~ Thanks to Phil for the kind offer of local changer access- you shall be repaid in hops, sir. Hell- I never "bought" a share in the first damned place- I was "sold" one while off on a bidness trip~ As long as I can get some help once a year- I'm happy. It looks like I've got access to two changers now for the price of one! I travel so damned much that wearing out a lot of tires on my bike hasn't been an issue- and it doesn't look like that's gonna change any time soon. Quality over Quantity for me! I just see the whole thing as a chance to vary my drinking buddies a bit~

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote