Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
pip_muenster OP
curious

Oddometer: 429
Cool2 Let's find those vikings

Set sail and head into unknown waters. Leave everyday life behind.

It is the summer of 2009 and the weather hasn’t been friendly with me in the last weeks. Will it be better up in the North?

I’ve had enough of everyday life in the office, drinking coffee and pushing the mouse around. My job allows me some traveling, but now it had been a complete week at the desk. It was time for a break.
There had been little chance for riding in the last months, so first I checked the battery. It had dried out and died while on the battery jogger, good start.
Apart from that my trusty CB750 was fine, so I just needed a day for some last minute laundry and packing my stuff. My idea was to ride fast through Denmark & Sweden towards the north and then slowly back along the western coast of Norway, just what you would do between oil changes.

The first day brought me to the Baltic Sea where I visited friends. I also stopped at a bike shop, since the bike’s mileage was critically bad. The mechanic immediately pointed at the tank switch which was spitting gas all over the place. Ahem, that’s embarrassing … I should have seen that myself.
Before the tour I only had checked the oil and replaced the battery. Should I worry about the bike’s condition? Ah, no, it’s a Honda, right?

Anyway, that gave me another day at the beach. Also, my friend Tania decided it was better to spend the afternoon with me and have a BBQ than to work. Hurray.