User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 19,256
A CannonRide Down the Great Divide (solo)

Cannonride? Some of you know the format: maps, GPS tracks and waypoints for download, lots of pictures of the route, and some (hopefully) entertaining stories about history and interesting side trips and stops along the way.

Overview Map

The Great Divide Ride is a mountain bike route developed by the Adventure Cycling Association that runs down the continental divide from Banff, AB to Antelope Wells, NM. Although some of the route involves trails that exclude motorized travel, motorcyclists have adopted much of the route as it primarily uses forest roads and other highways. Maps and tracks are available from the Adventure Cycling Association.

I have included the Canada section on this ride which requires some significant rerouting for motorcycles. I have developed some tracks that account for this that I will post for others to use. The detailed maps I post in the report will show the Adventure Cyling Association tracks and the tracks (and alternates) that will be useful for motorcycles. With changes for motorcycles and other options, the route is approaching 3,000 miles.

By the way I stopped by the Adventure Cycling Association headquarters in Montana while on this trip.

A nice group of folks dedicated to putting out great products for their following.

A few scenes from along the way.

Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote