User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
yzfcathy OP
Weeble

Oddometer: 1,190
Dab of Death (Bone crusher ride) AZ

In keeping with Baldy's great Day Tirppin idea I'll post our little ride here.

We all met off 83 with the intent of going to Gardner Canyon.

The riders and their bikes
Lomacat and his shiny F800
MidEngineThomas on the Husky
Twentyniner on the DRz sx
Skip on the Honda 4fiddy
HoosierDaddy on the KTM
and me on my KTM

Here's a little climb that got our attention. We all got caught out a bit coming up this and trying to make the tight right hand turn midway up.
We each had to take another run at the second part of the climb after getting our bikes pointed in the right direction.

Lucky for Lomacat he turned around before we got here. I don't think I would had wanted to try this climb on an F800.

Skip there closing the gate for us. Thomas in the foreground.

Skip, where did you get all that mud on your jersey? Did you fall down back there somewhere when no one was watching?

Thomas

Twentyniner

Allyn

Skip and Mark waiting while Allyn goes to open the gate for us all. Skip is standing in a mud puddle. Maybe that's where he got his jersey caked.

Thomas and Mark. Mark has just done a dab that has broken his leg. He dioesn't know it yet. He's thinking about taking off his boot. Naw, just leave it be, we gotta ride out anyway, might as well not know and use that boot for support.

We're all talking logistics about riding out, getting to Allyn's truck and getting Mark to a Doc and his bike home. We take a fairly gentle way out to the road and the truck. Allyn, Skip and I had all come together this morning...

....now Skip and I will ride home and Allyn and Mark will trailer out. Off to the ER they go. Mark found out he did indeed break his tibia. Bummer. Plaster, a little dab will do ya.

Part one of the ride done. Sadly cut short by injury. Happily though Mark will heal up to ride soon.
Thomas, Skip and I set out to ride North with the intention of staying off highway if possible and staying on dirt as much as we can. I follow along as we roughly head towards Gunsight Pass. None of us have a map or really any good idea of just which little dirt road to take to find Gunsight. We take a few detours and eventually find the mother lode, er ahh, Gunsight.

Skip pondering the ride. Look at all that mud on his bike. Where did you get all that mud?
Maybe here......water in AZ in the summer. Imagine that!

This is the top of Gunsight. To the NW down in the valley below is Green Valley.

Back home with our muddy bikes.

Skip, how come your Honda is so dirty? Is it a mud magnet? Yes that must be it, your Honda is a mud magnet.

That's going to take some extra quartes at the carwash to get clean.

Fortunately my KTM repels mud.

Nice ride all things considered. Thomas, Skip and I did about 90 miles of dirt, we managed to stay off road almost the entire way home.
Take care of your leg Mark, from the looks of your cast in the ER we thought they were just going to amputate. Dang they are serious about casting in Sierra Vista.
Cathy's Dumb Solo Ride
The John Penton Story, Movie project

yzfcathy screwed with this post 07-26-2010 at 05:01 PM
yzfcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
rpage11
Skip

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfcathy
Skip, where did you get all that mud on your jersey? Did you fall down back there somewhere when no one was watching?

Very funning, roosting your husband when he's least expecting it.... and I thought you liked me? Payback is going to be a MF.
rpage11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,550
Get well Mark... and come back and show us more rides like this
Old 07-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
azcycle
Chihuahua Wrangler

Oddometer: 707
Nice report... heal up fast, 29er.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
usafric
Rio Rancho NM

Oddometer: 410
That break makes my pinkie finger look trivial... But I'm just about healed, Mark make sure you take some Arnica, herbal stuff, but really helps with bone healing...
usafric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
rpage11
Skip

Oddometer: 478
If some of you missed it. Here's Mark's report on the Tucson site. Hope you don't mind me showing off your body parts, Twentyniner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyniner
Just got back from the hospital. Turns out the fibula is fractured.

I sure was having fun, right up untill the Dab of Death.

Getting ready to roll.

Trying to decide if I'm hurt or injured. Luckily we weren't too far from the highway.

Cathy telling me to stop being such a Pu$$y!

Two hours in the ER later, with a splint and a burrito my buddy Javier was nice enough to go get for me while we were waiting.

Too bad the ride was cut short, since we had a good group and a nice pace going.

I'll try and heal up ASAP, so I can get back to more riding!
rpage11 is offline   Reply With Quote