User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
Gimme 2 OP
Team slo ass

Oddometer: 1,949
Laugh Fat times in the Flinders Ranges!!

Pic Bunyeroo range

INTRO;Flinders ranges Gammon ranges Lake eyre.

This trip was sortof a last minute idea, after we cancelled the Cape york trip due to time. Originally three of us, we lost one Dave to a broken leg and then another Dave to a rooted seal!
So that leaft just Dan and myself!
It turns out we could'nt have timed it better ,a grader driver said, who's been workin the same stretch (Yunta to Arkacoola) for 38 years mentioned, they hav'nt had rain here for around ten years maybe 15, nothing but dust!
So you can imagine the scenery was spectacular and the riding , well it was just the best we've had on the big Orange 2 wheeled death machines.

Creek crossings galore , Impassable mud, sand, rock ,big puddles you could spray each other with.K's of wheel rutts Dips ,crest's ,Grids ,140 kl power slidie crners, Gorges rolling hills, rocky hill scrambles and an array of road surfaces to keep you on your toes made the next 2 and a half weeks just fly by!

Day 1

Pic 1 the memorial and 2 pure Carnage at a battlefeild in Turkey,poor blokes.
I left Home on a Sunday at round 9 and headed for Brissy about 1300 k's Nth to meet Danno. A nice big wheelie from excitement came and no sooner i was at the side of the road ripping the bike apart . There was no electrical fault afterall , just my thumb on the kill switch.
The plan was to take some nice roads North ,away from the Sunday drivers on the Princess hwy .
I peeled off at Batemans bay up the Clyde and into Goulburn, checked out the war memorial and shot off for Oberon Skirting the Blue mountains ...Magic !I continued on thru Bathurst and thru Sofala, nice little bit of tar that and made for the Goulburn river NP to camp!

Day 2

Rain up to Tenterfeild and then had a great ride thru Bald rock and into QLD, Boonah, Mogill ferry and then upto Dayboro ,Ocean Veiw for 2 nights.

Next day i decided it would be a good idea to get some new hoops, because these ones i come up on only had about another 500 dry k's in em maybe more.

Day 4

PLAN -Meet up with a mate and head out. Sounds easy!
Dan had shipped his bike from WA chucked a screen on some racks with Andyz on swaped the Marchesini's for Excels and wacked on a tank , he's never had it on the dirt!
4 hrs, one new battery, a bent brake lever, dropped bike and 2 wasted blokes from pushing later it helps to check the fuel taps are on We bid Bris goodbye! YEAH!

That night we made camp at mt Glorius i think we managed 80 k's, but it is Mt Glorius after all.
Day 5

Time to stretch the legs!!

To be continued..

Gimme 2 screwed with this post 08-07-2010 at 05:50 AM
Gimme 2 is offline   Reply With Quote