Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
TxLoneRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Texas to Alaska, and mostly back

Time to write the report, got the pictures uploaded to smugmug, and time to share my experiences. I will start with a brief summary, and then add a post for each day.

This is about the 8th long motorcycle trip (longer than 2k miles). And previous to this I've been fairly lucky, all things considered. This trip had it challenges, all of which I could have avoided. Lessons learned, and I will ride again.

So, for the interesting statistics, 4 (different) border crossings, 8825 miles, 2 provinces, 1 territory, 8 states, 2 tires, 1 tube, 3 flats, 1 low beam bulb, 1 chain, 6 hotels rooms, 7 camp sites, 1 "Cabin" over the course of 15 days.

The original plan was to go to Prudhoe Bay, got a set of TKC80's to put on the back of the bike. When finally packed the bike, and got on the bike my wife noticed I was using a bit more of the suspension than I might have wanted to, at least sitting still.

The first thing to go where the tires and spare tubes. Got back on the bike, and much better. So with some route changes loaded onto the GPS I was about 5 hours late leaving. Lets see what I can go with a set of Distanzi's

I did not make it to Prudhoe Bay, and am disappointed, but if I went up there I doubt I would have gone to McCarthy or Valdez, which were quite cool on there own. More on those destinations later.

so here goes it
TxLoneRider is offline   Reply With Quote