Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
Calikatoom OP
Norcal Moto Nut

Oddometer: 287
Power Comander V - F800GS

Has anyone actually installed a Power Commander V?

I just bought one for the F800GS and am looking for any other maps that might be out there besides the ones found on the Power COmmander site.

My primary goal is an increase in torque although added HP is always nice.

I am using my patented "wheelie scale" as the seat of the pants Dyno test.

I already dropped one tooth in the counter shaft sprocket. This makes a world of difference offroad! 2nd gear is sooo much more usable in the tight stuff!

I also removed the cat converter and added a remus muffler and Uni airfilter.

However, 2nd gear wheelies on the street still require clutch to pull it up. My R1200GS would stand itself vertical in 2nd gear with no problem! I am hoping to get close to that with the F800GS using gearing and power mods.

I don't want to gear down any further. The current ratio is great for what I like(offroad). And it is already pretty buzzy at 75 mph on the hwy.

I read the "engine tuning" thread already. I don't want to get into a debate about compression ratios, mpg etc.

I just want to know if anyone has started playing with a Power Commander yet. What was your experience?

If I am the first, then I will be happy to share my experience as I get things installed and programmed!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not turn this thread into a huge debate about what everyone thinks is right or wrong about engine tuning! I am hoping to find real experience from real people who have actually tried the Power Commander on an F800.

Thanks!
Gail
Calikatoom is offline   Reply With Quote