Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #31
Bropher
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy L
So glad we were able to meet you guys at the rally. Maybe next time we'll find a way to all ride together!
Thanks Jeremy - It was great working with you! I watched your video from the rally. Some day I hope to be able to keep up with you guys and get out on a ride! We're already trying to figure out how to get to the rally in PA next year.
Bropher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #32
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,230
Oh man, i missed a great rally.. thanks for the pics and report... looks like a great ride and a great time
Old 08-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #33
MGB
ex. BmwDuc

Oddometer: 1,825
Enjoyed the report...

I get funny looks hauling around my fly rod, but it works. I too carry full waders, they fit in a givi top case perfectly (with room for the other fly fishing stuff). There's a Virginia mountain stream in the background on a frosty morning (seen on the seat)...
Old 08-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #34
jonnyw
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Hey I meet that guy years ago ago at a expo in the ATL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb90535im
You need to hook up (pun intended) with inmate Oyster on this site. Bill is from here in N GA and is a World class rod builder and DS rider.

Check out his website.

http://www.oysterbamboo.com/

http://www.oysterbamboo.com/files/carter_collage3.pdf

Anyone know his inmate ID and what bike he rides? I was in Portland last year for a week fishing the Sandy trying to get a steelhead on fly to no avail. You guys need to ride down here to Charlseton and I will take you out on the flats for big reds on the fly! Maybe a poon if the time is right.
jonnyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #35
FishGS OP
Here fishy fishy..

Oddometer: 268
Hey Gadget Boy, I thought maybe you might have been a vendor at the rally with those cool ADV decals of yours.

Do they have any rally's in Canada?

If I ever find myself in your neck of the woods jonnyw I will let you know!
Fishing the flats sounds like fun. (what kind of fish is a poon?)

Hoh Rainforest Ride. Treacherous Water crossings.http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699509

FishGS screwed with this post 08-10-2010 at 11:49 AM
FishGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:22 AM   #36
jonnyw
Studly Adventurer

As In Tar-Poon!

Thats southern slang for Tarpon down here. When I was in Oregon I had to figure out what the hell a redside was.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #37
ReactorTrip
glows in the dark

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyw
You guys need to ride down here to Charlseton and I will take you out on the flats for big reds on the fly! Maybe a poon if the time is right.
I am definitely wanting to get down to Charleston sometime soon, love going to that city. Stayed awhile at a friends house on Sullivan's Island, loved it. Never been fishing out there. There is a guy on my local fly fish forum that teases us with his big reds.

What weight rod do you use out there for the reds?
ReactorTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #38
FishGS OP
Here fishy fishy..

Oddometer: 268
Hey jonnyw'
Thanks for not going all "Jo Momma" on me with the poon comment.
After I submitted the post I was having seconds thoughts thinking about the possible replies!

I'm thinking that would be an epic trip!!

Hoh Rainforest Ride. Treacherous Water crossings.http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699509
FishGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #39
jonnyw
Studly Adventurer

I use a 8wt G.loomis Crosscurrent & Tibor Backcountry reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReactorTrip
I am definitely wanting to get down to Charleston sometime soon, love going to that city. Stayed awhile at a friends house on Sullivan's Island, loved it. Never been fishing out there. There is a guy on my local fly fish forum that teases us with his big reds.

What weight rod do you use out there for the reds?
Thats all you will need. I sometimes bring a 6wt when I am going after specks. I was fortunate to call the world famous Mosquito Lagoon my back yard for many years. That place is truly majic! With Hellsbay Boatsworks and Renzetti vises a stones throw from my house. I would regularly run into people like Lefty, Bob Clouser and Flip Pallot- who lived up the road from me. I moved there to get into guiding the flats but the birth of my first son meant the need for steady pay so I rejoined the corprate rat race and moved to SC. If y'all every get down this way lets see if we can hook up.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #40
jonnyw
Studly Adventurer

Its my dream trip in reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishGS
Hey jonnyw'
Thanks for not going all "Jo Momma" on me with the poon comment.
After I submitted the post I was having seconds thoughts thinking about the possible replies!

I'm thinking that would be an epic trip!!
Back in 01 my wife and I had Planned a 17 day trip to run across country on our 1150GS. Fly rod in hand of course. We were gonna swim in the Atlantic and then in her home waters of the Pacific. But she was in school still and a exam came up that she couldnt miss that would have cut it down to 9 days. So we took a smaller trip in the south. But I came close to that epic 2 wheel fly fishing crosscountry romp. Now with 2 kids and $1200 a month in daycare I dont know if will ever happen. But I will keep dreaming.