Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #31
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckC
Wouldn't filling up with Chevron gasoline with Techron be sufficient or do you have to buy there additive as well?
I recently heard that the fuel additives in the Chevron gasoline (possibly from Joel lol) are not enough to negate the effects of bad fuel over the 100 other times I've filled up at crappy stations. If I could fuel at Chevron all the time maybe I wouldn't be so enthusiastic about using the concentrate cleaner, but I don't so I figured the $3.3 of cleaner (1/3 of a 10 dollar 12 oz bottle) should be worth it if I didn't have stalling issues when I'm in the middle of nowhere.

FYI... I don't own stock in Chevron, in fact I like Shell more because they sponsor Formula 1 racing
EnderTheX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #32
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatant
Not sure on this question, but given that the container of techron is 10 or more oz, and for our bikes you only use a couple oz at a time the bottle could sit open for several weeks / months. Is there any issues with a bottle of bmw/techron sitting partially used on a shelf till it would be time again to use it?
I don't THINK this is a problem. If you were using an additive that was a drier or emulsiphacant, one with iso alcohol, it would pick up water and slowly become useless.

Techron concentratement is a molecular bonding treatment that cleans and bonds with metals to remove build up AND protect them from corroding. It is not hygroscopic, if you add water to it, the water will just sit at the bottom, so it won't pull moisture out of the air.

I would tightly cap it between uses.

Note: there are 3 chevron cleaners.

1 "chevron fuel injector cleaner". Will clean injectors and valves, can build up if used to frequently, will NOT protect from water contaminated alcohol corrosion.

2 "chevron synthetic cleaner". I'm not familiar with this product and don't know what it does.

3 "Chevron concentrate Fuel SYSTEM Cleaner". This is the product I am refering to. Won't build up, cleans everything AND DOES protect metals from water contaminated alcohol corossion.

All these products and others do something, but #3 is the one that has reduced our fuel pump and injector failures down to zero.

I have no stock in chevron but if a product will stop customers from yelling at me about their fuel pumps failing, I will marry it!
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #33
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatant
Not sure on this question, but given that the container of techron is 10 or more oz, and for our bikes you only use a couple oz at a time the bottle could sit open for several weeks / months. Is there any issues with a bottle of bmw/techron sitting partially used on a shelf till it would be time again to use it?
Not if you put the cap back on.
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:06 AM   #34
blatant OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
Well here is the one that seems to be popping up or is all over the place by me. I know the one you're speaking of joel, the system cleaner as I've used it and it costs more than the injector cleaner.

Have a look. It'd be nice to know about this one as well.

blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #35
blatant OP
Studly Adventurer

full packaging.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #36
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
If I can find some, I'll try it on some stuck pumps, fire off emails to Chevron and my DSR, and get the MSDS. Could be a bit though, I'm filling 2 jobs at once at my dealer and getting crushed by the work load.
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #37
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,207
Ethanol-free gasoline.......

Folks:

Today while on the road between Charlotte and Raleigh... I pulled into a BP station I got a NICE surprise when I pulled the the pumps. There was a big sticker on the 89 octane (mid-grade) that said "Silver contains no ethanol".

Silver is what BP calls their mid-grade fuel....

Has anybody else seen this pop up?
Perhaps BP is responding to all the bitching about ethanol?
I'm going to drive by my local BP station tomorrow. If they have the same sticker I'm gonna be a BP customer for sure ... if they don't have that sticker... I'm gonna talk to the manager ... his an aquantance....
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:25 AM   #38
blatant OP
Studly Adventurer

haven't seen that but i'm not even sure if i know where a bp is in this huge city. I'll keep a sharp eye.