User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
halo15 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
F800 GS Pricing

Looking for a new 800. What's a good number to shoot for? One place wanted MSRP + all taxes/fees. Another took $500 immediately off MSRP. How much wiggle room is there on these bikes. I really want the bike - just don't want to leave the dealer feeling like I paid more than I should have.

Thanks
halo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
itsforrest
Ugly bag of mostly water

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo15
Looking for a new 800. What's a good number to shoot for? One place wanted MSRP + all taxes/fees. Another took $500 immediately off MSRP. How much wiggle room is there on these bikes. I really want the bike - just don't want to leave the dealer feeling like I paid more than I should have.

Thanks
Most dealers don't have much room to deal on new bikes. Unless there are factory programs or discounts of some sort, $500 off MSRP is probably the best you're going to see on the F800GS.

Because the margin is often better on accessories, you might be able to get a higher dollar amount in free accessories or maybe in addition to the 500 off the bike, ask for some percentage off of accessories at the time of bike purchase.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
CheckerdD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,274
These bikes are selling really well so there is not much give. I got $500 off the bike and a break on the Adv. bags and, a free t-shirt and hat. That is really common, but I have seen worse. When I bought my 1200 GS in 2005 their was a 6-9 month wait for delivery due to demand. The salesman pointed to the price on the sales slip and said thats it, and don't ask for anything because the answer is NO. Dave
Old 08-25-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
halo15 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Thanks for the info. I'll probably be going back to the dealer with the $500 off and see what discounts are available on acc. 10% was what they were willing to part with on acc when I first asked with a max charge of 4K on the card. Wish they would take more on the card. It would be easier to ride out with the bike on the same day.

Thanks Again
halo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
YamWOW!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
I saw somewhere that the 2011 F800's were $60.00 more then the 2010 models. I don't know if the 10's will be discounted if any are left. If not I will just buy a 2011 or stumble across a used one.

Check out the WR250R/X forum: CLICK HERE
Check out the Pacific NW DualSport Forum: CLICK HERE
KTM 530 EXC-R
BMW F800GS
YamWOW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
Nevada
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Don't know where you're at, but there's a fellow here selling an '09.
Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #7
itsforrest
Ugly bag of mostly water

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo15
Thanks for the info. I'll probably be going back to the dealer with the $500 off and see what discounts are available on acc. 10% was what they were willing to part with on acc when I first asked with a max charge of 4K on the card. Wish they would take more on the card. It would be easier to ride out with the bike on the same day.

Thanks Again
If you are financing the bike and really want more add-ons or accessories, there is usually an allowance for including accessories or gear in the loan.