Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Holaday OP
Man of Leisure

Oddometer: 564
KTM ing in the Kootenays

Left North Vancouver early tuesday morning for Nelson. First stop was Hope for gas. Next stop Princeton for an Americano at Cowboy Coffee. We made it to Osoyoos for lunch and a swim. Next stop Greenwood for an Espresso shake at the Copper Eagle Bakery. I always try and stop here but usually find it closed. Being in Greenwood for me marks the start of the Kootenays eventhough technically its still Boundary country.

Greenwood is Canada's smallest incorporated city. The chick flick Snow Falling on Cedars was filmed here.

Greenwood is a really cool little town a great place to stretch your legs.

Next stop Christina Lake for another swim. Canada's warmest tree lined lake, the 20 km long lake reaches surface temps of 23 degrees Celsius [thats 75 degrees in American] in July and August. Great swimming.

Next stop Nelson. We are now officially in da Kootenays.
Dinner at Leo's. Awesome pizza and icy cold beer.

After dinner we headed out of Nelson to Kokanee Creek Provincial Park. We had to camp in the overflow area because the regular campsite is full of people that are so organized they make reservations when they go camping.
The overflow area was very full of less organized people. The tents were so jammed in there that I could here the old ladys beside us farting and talking in there sleep.

The blue tent is our neighbours, the first night they were there his alarm clock went off in his car at 4 am for 10 minutes till I got up and asked him to kindly shut it off

Look who we met at Kokanee Creek. Well travelled Australian motorcyclist Ben Holland. Aus Ben I believe on ADVrider you may recognize him from other ride reports. Ben and his trusty KLR have been from Alaska all the way down to TDF. Had some beers and dinner with Ben, great guy.

Tomorrow we check out Toad Rock Campground.

Soon as your born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time!!!

Checkout my Ride Reports:

Baja

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405461

Kootenays

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614464
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote