Ground feeder

Oddometer: 2,471
Lookin' good!
Lobster Grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #17
SilentRay
Rebuilt

Oddometer: 535
I see Ron found your r/r. Yeah, he's on the Husky race bike and i'm on the reliable DR.

I can't believe that such a well known bridge has no signs what so ever. Hell, i had been there once before (from the other side ) and still went by it twice.

That spot ya'll camped at would make for a nice little DOGS rally site. Shade, water, plenty of dirt riddin, and free camp sites. Just a little ways to the beer store is all
SilentRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #18
06Klr650 OP
RidingCountry.com

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRay
I see Ron found your r/r. Yeah, he's on the Husky race bike and i'm on the reliable DR.

I can't believe that such a well known bridge has no signs what so ever. Hell, i had been there once before (from the other side ) and still went by it twice.

That spot ya'll camped at would make for a nice little DOGS rally site. Shade, water, plenty of dirt riddin, and free camp sites. Just a little ways to the beer store is all
It's a great spot, but you better park up at the end of the road. I got a written warning from the Forestry Ranger when I was packing up sunday afternoon. I guess the campsite is just to far off the road to park your truck/bike at it.

How does one go about becoming a D.O.G.
RidingCountry.com
06Klr650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:20 AM   #19
RonSavage
adventure maker

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Klr650
It's a great spot, but you better park up at the end of the road. I got a written warning from the Forestry Ranger when I was packing up sunday afternoon. I guess the campsite is just to far off the road to park your truck/bike at it.

How does one go about becoming a D.O.G.
You must go to N.GA. most every weekend and fall down in the mud,or rocks,then post about it on ADV.
RonSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:19 AM   #20
RedDogAlberta
High Plains Drifter

Oddometer: 5,181
Love it. Great shots. Terrific campsite. Aside from a couple early exceptions I've always had road bikes. This site is dangerous as I'm starting to consider I may have to be a two motorcycle owner and get off the beaten path a bit in something besides my Jeep. I actually inquired about a KLR locally and they're gone before the snow is. They can get as many as they'd like. Something slightly smaller, maybe a mid range street legal KTM intrigues me as well.

The spray paint in nature (or anywhere) infuriates me also.

08 Buell XB12XT
RedDogAlberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:49 AM   #21
06Klr650 OP
RidingCountry.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSavage
You must go to N.GA. most every weekend and fall down in the mud,or rocks,then post about it on ADV.
Sounds right up my alley
RidingCountry.com
Old 09-09-2010, 04:50 AM   #22
06Klr650 OP
RidingCountry.com

After the ride up the mountain, I had the time Jeff and the family would be up and a place where to meet him, so it was back to camp to collect some firewood and have a few beers.

After I got the wood cut for the night I went for a little dip and relaxed out in my chair out in the toccoa river. While I was sitting there enjoying the peace and quiet I heard a quack! I looked over my shoulder and saw a flock of ducks swimming right behind me.

They didn't seem to concerned when I got up and started walking over to shore to get a refill. In fact they followed me over to the bank and right up on the shore. I'm guessing these ducks where used to people so I grabbed a couple hot dog buns and tried to see how close I could get them to come in. Most of them hung up at about 2-3 foot but a few of the braver souls came right up and snatched the beard right out of my hand. Pretty brave little quackers for wild birds.

As I was feeding the ducks I had a nice couple come down the hill and start setting up there camp about 100 yards away from me down the river. Being the friendly sort, I drove the bike over and introduced myself. After a short how do you do, I invited them over for a few beers and a warm fire.
Later that night Charlie and Tiffany walked over and we hit it off, and ended up staying up half the night getting completely blitz!

I got so tore up I never even heard a truck load of mexicans pull up to my camp and try to set up right on top of my site. Thank God Charlie was still awake and came over and shoe'd them up the hill about 80 yards. LOL!! I didn't hear them pull up, have the conversation with Charlie but I woke up a hour or so later and spotted there camp fire up the hill and went into panic mode running our of the tent naked thinking I set the woods on fire when I fell asleep. Luckily my fire was almost out and it was dark as the ace of spades outside, otherwise those guys would have gotten an eye full!!
RidingCountry.com

06Klr650 screwed with this post 09-09-2010 at 04:57 AM
Old 09-09-2010, 04:53 AM   #23
06Klr650 OP
RidingCountry.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDogAlberta
Love it. Great shots. Terrific campsite. Aside from a couple early exceptions I've always had road bikes. This site is dangerous as I'm starting to consider I may have to be a two motorcycle owner and get off the beaten path a bit in something besides my Jeep. I actually inquired about a KLR locally and they're gone before the snow is. They can get as many as they'd like. Something slightly smaller, maybe a mid range street legal KTM intrigues me as well.

The spray paint in nature (or anywhere) infuriates me also.
motorcycles are a lot more fun than a jeep, although jeeps and trucks are handy support vehicles.............you can only fit so much beer on the back of your bike
RidingCountry.com
Old 09-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #24
06Klr650 OP
RidingCountry.com

I woke up a little late the next morning, picked up camp and headed out to meet Jeff and the family with the truck. There was NO WAY!! they were gonna make it in to camp with the road as rough as it was. As a matter of fact, after I met everyone loaded up the truck with all there gear and the kids we were sitting just a little low, and when we dropped into one of the mud holes I heard......BAM!! and we nearly stopped dead! I knew we hit something pretty hard but didn't realize I nearly ripped the transmission out of the truck!

The cross member got bent straight down and ripped the rubber transmission mount nearly on half :( :hb:
Not much you can do at that point but try your best to take it easy and limp her back to camp.
As we where getting back to Camp these two adventure riders where coming up the hill from the camp.

Ron (RonSavage) and Ray (SilentRay at adv) from advrider.com where one of many people we saw that weekend looking for the suspension bridge. We gave them directions over to the bridge and drove down into camp, unloaded the truck, and got Jeff and Amy's camp set up.
The rest of the day and night was just filled with swimming, fishing and beer. your normal family camping activities :alc:

RidingCountry.com
Old 09-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #25
RonSavage
adventure maker

Nice report,we'll keep an eye out for you,we're up that way a good bit.I see my other bike in the TWO picture,the orange KTM with the jacket over the windsheild. Ray's working,but I'll be up that way this weekend,may camp at TWO.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #26
06Klr650 OP
RidingCountry.com

Quote:
Nice report,we'll keep an eye out for you,we're up that way a good bit.I see my other bike in the TWO picture,the orange KTM with the jacket over the windsheild. Ray's working,but I'll be up that way this weekend,may camp at TWO.
I think that pic was from the weekend before last... I think The memory isn't quite what it used to be
Is that a 950 se?? If it is that is my goal for 2011

It's hard to tell from the pic but it has a that look about it.
RidingCountry.com
Old 09-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #27
RonSavage
adventure maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Klr650
I think that pic was from the weekend before last... I think The memory isn't quite what it used to be
Is that a 950 se?? If it is that is my goal for 2011

It's hard to tell from the pic but it has a that look about it.
yes it was from the Saturday before,it's a 950ADV
Old 09-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #28
06Klr650 OP
RidingCountry.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSavage
yes it was from the Saturday before,it's a 950ADV
Nice bike...........it was a little hard to tell from the pic. ;)

Hopefully I'll be on a 950se next year if all goes well
RidingCountry.com