Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
Vrakas OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Eek He who insists ... wins

Why do i say this? Really after the problems, delays etc we went through only if we insisted we could win.
I started, just as every year, a planned trip of 2 weeks but this time, instead of going to Greece, we were going from one side of Cyprus to the other, use of a ferry to Turkey and then ride to Bulgaria ... and Romania?

Here is the map with the approx route that changed due to unexpected delay of 4 days.

The trip was on or was it?
5th of August, 2 bikes and 2 riders my friend Yiannis with his R1150GSA and i with my F800GS start from Limassol at around 6.00 pm towards Nicosia, going through the checkpoint then to Kerynia only to find out there is no Ships at Thursday nights.
Yes we did call the ship agency before hand, but due to poor communication with the lack of English we got the impression there was a ship, well, not until tomorrow at 12.00pm.
We return to Nicosia and stay overnight at a friends house (George) to go back to Kerynia the following morning.
FYI, there are no ferryboats on weekends and the last one is on Friday 12 noon from Cyprus with a 6 - 8 hours trip to Turkey.

Photos, maps, GPS recorded maps with all the info, video etc are coming in the next posts

Vrakas screwed with this post 09-14-2010 at 09:57 AM
Vrakas is offline   Reply With Quote