Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
jsuchland OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Where should I go? NW Washington.

Greetings All!

I have an extra day off this week with no obligations. I also have access to my good neighbors KLR. Where should I go that's near Tacoma? I'd like to try some fireroading, or somthing like it. I'm new to the dual pursose thing, but am a "seasoned" rider. Where, oh where? Please help! Thanks guys!
04 V-Star
IBA #44699
jsuchland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
IBGONE
Old, slow, and happy

Oddometer: 1,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsuchland
Greetings All!

I have an extra day off this week with no obligations. I also have access to my good neighbors KLR. Where should I go that's near Tacoma? I'd like to try some fireroading, or somthing like it. I'm new to the dual pursose thing, but am a "seasoned" rider. Where, oh where? Please help! Thanks guys!
Straight to Dire Wolf's house and demand beer.

There are no demons inside my helmet; just the magic of the Universe sliding past my every sense.
Me.
IBGONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
jsuchland OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBGONE
Straight to Dire Wolf's house and demand beer.
OK, I took your advice......sorta. My buddy and I took off on a couple of KLRs and wound up riding some fireroads just north of Mt Ranier. There was alot of washed out bridges and road where we had to go around another way. When we got to the very end of the road, it started to rain. We weren't really that far away, but now we're wet and it's all down hill from here. When we got back to 410 we shuffled into a bar and played some pool. And demanded some beer! We waited out the rain and off we went. We tried some secondary roads along 410, but we found many wash-outs, and vacant bridges. Not to mention those huge cement barriers as road blocks. I got home in the dark and was soaking wet. I was wearing my mesh because the morning was quite nice.
Pretty fun stuff. This was my first off road adventure. Now I'm on the prowl for a Vstrom or something like it.
04 V-Star
IBA #44699
jsuchland is offline   Reply With Quote