User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
DanM OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
First Trip Banff/Vancouver island

Hey everybody I'm new to this whole forum thing and the world of adventure motorcycling. Last month I bought myself a KLR 650, eventually the dream is to take it to Ushuaia Argentina. But first I would like to take some smaller less ambitious trips first. I also just really want to put some K's on the bike before winter and take along trip to figure out which farkles I wanna spend my money on. So the plan is to take off around the 29th of September till the 3rd or 4th of October. Either head to Banff taking this

View Larger Map

Or head to Vancouver island taking this route

View Larger Map

I'm not planning on camping as Im not prepared to do that equipment wise, I hope to stay with friends and family or possibly other ADVriders if they are open to the idea. If worse comes to worse hotels. I know this is not alot of time but the main idea is to get some K's down and get a feel for bike trips.
I have a full suit up of gear all waterproof, and for luggage I have strapped my pelican 1600 case onto the back top rack.

I'm looking for any advice pertaining to which route to take; am I stupid to try it this late? Also if any one would entertain the idea of me possibly crashing for a night. Feel free to offer up any other advice you may have.

Thanks

Just realized I posted this thread in the wrong place my apologies and since I'm a noob I have no idea how to move it. Sorry

DanM screwed with this post 09-19-2010 at 04:51 PM
DanM is offline   Reply With Quote