User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #11
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,779
I like how the fairing itself looks from the front and sides. However, there are some key parts that are turning me off of this product to the point where I wouldn't buy it unless it was addressed. Specifically, the very boxy squared off edges where the red arrows point to. I can understand the top square piece acting as a "dash" so to speak where you can mount a GPS or power plug or something. I could live with that part and even use it. But those darn boxy corners to the lower left and right of the OEM instrument cluster! I mean... dang! They stick out enough to where they interfere seriously with the lines of the fairing itself. I mean, you have this beautifully designed fairing with good lines that compliment the F800GS well. Then all of the sudden out of no where you have this 80's looking square that sticks out of the sides visibly. If you could somehow round off where the red lines are on the lower left and right of the instrument cluster, I'd be all in. And yes, because I can already hear an inmate chiming in with something like this, you could round things off on the lower left and right areas while still leaving enough material around the OEM instrument cluster for power plugs and switches and such.

The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote