Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
LaOutbackTrail OP
Certified Smartass

Oddometer: 5,058
Bad News.... Central America Trip cancelled for me

Hey guys,
I know some of you helped me get information about making a trip through Central America this summer... well... I'm not going to be able to take it.

At the beginning of this year, my dad's doctors diagnosed him with having a large amount of prostate cancer. Luckily they are able to treat it, but he must take 42 days of radiation treatment out of town. Needless to say, I dont want to worry him to death with me travelling through Central America.

Although, lucky for me, he does want me to take a trip so that i wont be at home for the 42 days he will be recieving treatment, but he wants me to limit it within the US, and or northern Mexico, and or Canada. I actually would like to go to Alaska, or maybe even Washington. But im afraid of the time i would be in the Rockies. For i have never ridden in that type of climate or at those altitudes. I thought about going straight north from Louisiana into Canada, and taking the highways over to the west coast and then up to Alaska. Only hitting the mountains straight across instead of at a major diagonal.

Or, maybe ill just save up my money, and do the same proposed trip through Central America next summer, allowing possibly a small group to be able to travel with me? haha.

I hope to meet some nice people at the BEAST FEAST. Hopefully many new riding partners! I have almost now buddies to ride with.... im the young squirt, everyone else is oldddddd ewwww..... Just playin! I am pretty mature for my age.... i have to be, i friggan work at the zoo here,and they dont take any crap from anyone..... not to mention, my specialty is taking care of animals whose venom can kill you within 2 hours.... Snakes are such wonderful creatures!
LaOutbackTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:39 AM   #2
L.A.
Regular Guy™

Oddometer: 1,305
Sorry to hear the news. I wish your father a speedy recovery.

"In their lifetimes, most people will never need a gun. Those that do will need one very badly."
- Gen. George A. Custer
L.A. is offline   Reply With Quote