Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #1
aaronrkelly OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
a quick run to the Black Hills....1680 miles in 33 hours

After meeting Meef and Tim on their ride (click to read) I looked at their pics of the next day in the Black Hills and knew I HAD to go. If they got there the NEXT day I could do it for sure.

So a quick run down.....

12 hours to Rushmore.......spend 1 hour there.....2 hours riding in the Black Hills and Needles Hwy.......2 hours at Badlands......12 hours back......ehh, Im not far from Wyoming, might as well add that to my ride map so lets tack another 2 hours on.

31 hours as long as I dont need fuel, food or to poop, surely those couldnt add but another 3 or 4 hours. Ive got 2 days off.....ehh, no problem. After checking my figures I decided might as well go for an Iron Butt Association run.....I can clock the SS1000 and BB1500 on the same ride.

So at 10pm on Wednesday night I set off.....figured if I rode there in the dark I would be there come sun up to see the sights.....then ride home in the dark.

Quick run....no excessive pictures.....hell, it would all be pictures of slab for the most part anyways.

The cycle was this.......ride 3 hours....fuel....pee......ride 3 hours.....fuel.....pee....etc. There was a slight variation in Rapid City......ride 3 hours.....fuel.....McDonalds....pee.

After leaving Rapid City I headed south 20 mins or so to Rushmore.

I had NO co-pilot on this ride so I was forced to rely on the picture taking abilities of random bystanders.....and they all sucked. Here after looking directly into the sunlight forever I finally squint for some relief....thats when they took the picture. Ah well, atleast I was there.

a quick run to the Black Hills
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post14248448
aaronrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote