Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #31
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Oddometer: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley
Watch these clips and see how well all the expensive chains do. Usually about 20 seconds.

...apart from the Almax, which is a vastly better chain than any other one of an equivalent diameter that I have ever come across and it's not unreasonably priced. :)

You need to fit it through the chassis though (otherwise you'll find a wheel chained to a ground anchor). These are good: http://www.torc-anchors.com/anti-pinch-pin.php

Out of interest, does anyone else reckon you could circumvent pretty much any disc lock, leaving the bike rideable, without making any noise on dual-disc bikes by just removing one disk and then wedging that side's caliper's pistons with a wedge then pumping the brakes?

The joyriders/rideaways (without keys) are thankfully largely irrelevant on the F8, so it's just the pros who'll lob it in a van we're trying to discourage. Two aims in bike security to discourage pros; make them take longer and make it noisier.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #32
wetdog1965
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Camping

Just set up your tent or sleeping bag next to the bike and shoot anyone who trys to steal it. lol Actually I don't think BMW's are at the top of the list for bikes stolen, but any bike can be stolen and most thiefs are opportunist. I carry good insurance and use common sense. No locks or alarms..I just don't worry about it much. I was shown a theft report by an insurance agent and Harleys are targeted more then other brands, but small dirt bike/atv's are stolen the most. I am armed but I assure you anyone I do shoot was not stealing my bike they we theatning my life while standing near my bike, so I had no choice!

Previous = Yamaha FJR 1300
Yamaha GS1100
Yamaha 750 Special
Honda XL 250
Suzuki 500
Honda XL 175
wetdog1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #33
jaycommando
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
threat to life

Yes officer that's correct, he was about to stab me with those
6" bolt croppers. So I shot him.

I'd stand in court and agree with that.

Just because I stink of petrol, look like shit and still smile doesn't mean I've not been having fun!

Soldiers Do It With Their Helmets ON!!
jaycommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #34
VitBike

Oddometer: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetdog1965
... shoot anyone who trys to steal it. lol ...

I'll give him the key because his life is worth more than my bike.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:18 AM   #35
Guy Jinbaiquerre
Monorail Conductor

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckerdD
I used to have a Kryptonite U shaped lock, but then I learned it could be opened with a bic pen. Dave
Kryptonite changed their lock mechanism several years ago, when the Bic pen trick became known on the Internet.

Any lock of theirs made today cannot be opened with a Bic pen. If the key is a solid shaft of metal instead of a circular tube, you are safe.
Guy Jinbaiquerre is offline   Reply With Quote