Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #31
the darth peach
eats crackers in bed

Oddometer: 11,397
There's a certain skill and art to the formal get off....

At least you were out there giving it your all!

In my water ski days we used to say if you don't go down, you're not trying hard enough!!

Nice to see you having fun.
the darth peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #32
brazen13
woot.

Oddometer: 117
Thanks!

For sharing the naps as well as the rides! It is part of it after all. Mine just decided my leg and a curb looked like a good spot to nap. OW. Lazy ass bike! LOL!
brazen13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:12 AM   #33
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam
I was wondering what happened to you, because last we talked you were going to ride the ICT down and we were going to meet up for a short. Well the best laid plans.... MOAB you can't go wrong with that option Too bad it happened on the first day, dang why not the last day, Humm. But you did have am memorable time

OK, so you had PM'ed as to where have I been, Riding! just got back from soaking in the Hot springs out of Atlanta (Idaho that is) and more riding and what little time I spent at home chores BSU games and laughing my arse off reading LittleWan's "Most Excellent Adventure of Stupid " I have some 200+ pictures to post up yet but I'm too lazy. Here's a little overview of July's ride. Not a Highjack LB.

&nbsp
&nbsp

BTW: Oldtimer is looking good Next weekend is the Jarbidge fall color ride into North Nevada, I think Steep and Rocky will be joining in on that one. Oh I have a new toy I picked up Friday..

Hi Sam,

Love that slide show, that's for including it. LittleWan is keeping a lot of us laughing, what fun her ride report is.

Yes Oldtimer is looking good and doing well. I keep saying I hope I have his energy when I get to his age cause I sure in the heck don't have it now.

Have a terrific time riding to Jarbidge and be sure to take lots of pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the darth peach
There's a certain skill and art to the formal get off....

At least you were out there giving it your all!

In my water ski days we used to say if you don't go down, you're not trying hard enough!!

Nice to see you having fun.
From the number of times I hit the ground it appears I was trying plenty hard. I did have a blast even though all the pictures are of the bike down. It's too bad my riding partner didn't see fit to get some pics of me actually upright. He had more fun with the falling down pictures though.

The last series of picture you posted in your thread sure were good Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen13
For sharing the naps as well as the rides! It is part of it after all. Mine just decided my leg and a curb looked like a good spot to nap. OW. Lazy ass bike! LOL!
It must have thought your leg and the curb would make a nicer landing than something flat. Bikes are funny that way.
"Be real careful which and who's dream you get caught up in!!!" ~ Jettn Jim
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:53 AM   #34
CMS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
Ladybug's Trip

This was a report of a real trip. Some things that could and do happen to all of us at one time or another. I feel like I was there, keep the reports coming, regardless of what happens. I'll be looking forward to your next ride [with a new clutch] while waiting, I'll be busy cleaning the Moab sand out of my boots. CMS
VSRI
CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:11 AM   #35
Tantrum
Condescending Nag

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
From the number of times I hit the ground it appears I was trying plenty hard. I did have a blast even though all the pictures are of the bike down......

........It must have thought your leg and the curb would make a nicer landing than something flat. Bikes are funny that way.
Very nice LB. it's good to see you and Barry again even if it's not in person. On that positive note I'm not letting Herbie or the Doc see this RR. They'd pick up habits like rear view leering (that sounds like something from JM) narcolepsy and clutch failure.
"Life's odyssey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting,"...holy shit...what a ride!"
Blessed are the flexible, for they will never be bent out of shape
The purpose of fun is to have it
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote