ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2005, 02:35 PM   #1
iDave OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 894
Question '

'

iDave screwed with this post 05-17-2005 at 07:11 PM
iDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
carioca
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
Why everyones ignore xsquiggy??

Why not take the Blue ridge parkroad all the way down there? Also you can take the backroads all the way down to marion. Just get on route 16 and ride south, that should be good. I dont have a map in front of me, but its fairly easy to get to deals gap. I lived 2 years in PA, and did this ride before.
carioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #3
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,090
Not on ignore, just been busy.

Steverino has some great roads on the west side of 81. I would suggest crossing over the BRP and heading over and playing around in his neck of the woods, either side of 42, maybe down to 311. VA 16 through the park, US 58, 91, 67, 321, 19, Roan Mtn/143, 267 or whatever down to 19E and then 70 over to the famous NC 209 into Hot Springs. That should keep you busy for a while with a smile.

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:07 AM   #4
PhilSpace
The Gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsquiggy
That's what I'm talkin' bout. I'll buy you a cold one next time
You're on, Steverino also mentioned War Woman Rd., runs from Highland, NC to Clayton, GA - looks awesome on the map - paging Mr. Steverino to the white route phone

Old 05-04-2005, 06:35 AM   #5
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,548
Leave me alone I am busy...

Screw Squiggy, I have offered to be his personal tour director down there several times and yet he ignores my offer and seeks direction from a bunch of nerdewells.

He has already been on 16, damn fool does not even know it.

Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 07:27 AM   #6
capt_met
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
you might check www.motorcycleplayground.com for some road info in northeast tn.

have fun,
metin
capt_met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 07:59 AM   #7
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 14,994
WarWoman rocks.

Other than that, I'm all

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:18 PM   #8
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,201
Quote:
Hi Steve

I left outta here at 10AM, with every intention of riding as far as Christiansburg, staying in the usual motel next to the Burger King, and I was planning to call you when I got down there and take you out to a monster Steak Dinner, so I could pick your brain for a route to the GAP . That's honestly what I planned to do. I haven't been riding much lately, been working alot, so my body is always sore, and I'm not in great Riding condition as I discovered about the time I rolled past Staunton. So, I made a loop back to the SquiggGarage . Steve, I still want the grand tour Steverino Style, hell, I'll even buy your steak din din. Only thing is, I need to get back in the saddle for awhile before planning the Gap, cause my butt is hurting after only 375 miles.
damn, you could have made it down there

375 miles??? and you call yourself an advrider
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 06:09 PM   #9
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Yeah, it's a curious thing to have 5 days off, rolling through the VA countryside on a fully loaded bike, no agenda, and make the decision to return home. For whatever reason, I wasn't 'feeling' the overnight thing. Had a nice ride today, but today is all I needed. Maybe I should investigate cruisers.
If it's not right, it's not right. But if you do find yourself on Warwoman road, the dirt road at the west fork of the Chattooga is a nice diversion.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:42 AM   #10
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,282
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaM
If it's not right, it's not right. But if you do find yourself on Warwoman road, the dirt road at the west fork of the Chattooga is a nice diversion.
Hey GaM, I've rode Earls ford rd. to the chattooga. Sara creek back to the store towards clayton, and overflow creek. Where is the road at the west fork of the chattooga? I would like to ride it.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:53 AM   #11
PhilSpace
The Gov

Quote:
Hi Steve

I left outta here at 10AM, with every intention of riding as far as Christiansburg, staying in the usual motel next to the Burger King, and I was planning to call you when I got down there and take you out to a monster Steak Dinner, so I could pick your brain for a route to the GAP . That's honestly what I planned to do. I haven't been riding much lately, been working alot, so my body is always sore, and I'm not in great Riding condition as I discovered about the time I rolled past Staunton. So, I made a loop back to the SquiggGarage . Steve, I still want the grand tour Steverino Style, hell, I'll even buy your steak din din. Only thing is, I need to get back in the saddle for awhile before planning the Gap, cause my butt is hurting after only 375 miles.
Don't do it! He will kidnap you, lock your bike in the garage and make you cook, clean, wrench and sew for him - stay away and be afraid, the man is an ogre

Actually, we were planning on doing something similar - swing by Wednesday night and stay at a nice clean motel in C'burg and then head to Hotsprings on Thursday.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #12
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Hey GaM, I've rode Earls ford rd. to the chattooga. Sara creek back to the store towards clayton, and overflow creek. Where is the road at the west fork of the chattooga? I would like to ride it.
Coming from Clayton, you cross the bridge for West Fork of the Chattooga just before you reach Highway 28, when you cross the bridge hang an immediate left.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:40 PM   #13
Barry
Just Beastly

Oddometer: 7,060
Goddamn people with free time...

Barry

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote