Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #13
zano874
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
Pretty amazing to think when the real Belstaff was in the US from 97 until about 02 a Trialmaster waxed cotton jacket was less than $250 retail.

Great looking jacket, but they are very hot in the summer & very thin for use in the winter. The cut does not allow layering, unless you order it in a really big size.

It is a mostly waterproof, but does not compare with modern textiles

They also stink like hell with they get hot, the wax combined with your funk will have you smelling like a horse.

The J. Crew version looks like is has been pushed to the fashion side of things, it looks less heavy duty and even more closely tailored. (they got the plaid the wrong color too)

Mine is way cool. It is the perfect jacket for 50-65 degree days when it might mist a little. Trouble is we do not get many of those around here.
Supposedly they've updated the characteristics to address some of the things you've mentioned. I've also heard the old ones run on your clothes and feel oily. A rep from BMG is on this thread maybe he'll reply back with a better explanation. He also commented on the line fashion verson. These new ones are also armored. I'm not sure about the OG ones. The armor is also removable.
2012 Ducati 1100 evo
zano874 is offline   Reply With Quote