Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
kneeskids OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Puke Sunday Afternoons

Hey All,

I had some pictures from a recent Sunday afternoon jaunt into the backroads (are there any other kind worth riding?) around where I live. I love looking at all the amazing trips people have taken on this site, it is really inspirational. As I go saving funds and planning (because that's half the fun anyways) for my own epic road trip, I figured I'll share some pictures of the day to day life on my '70 cl350 that's a riding restoration (as it stands, it's a rusty hulk with a running engine that needs new gaskets. But I love her!)

I got about 40 miles out and suddenly blew out a tube!

Being that I wasn't far from home I didn't have any tools, repair kits etc with me... (we all know ATGATT, looks like I need ATTATT- All the tools all the time) and being that I went further into the backroads of an area that is already very rural, I ended up pushing the bike for about 45 minutes before I ran into a lovely lady who called her son in law and he gave me a ride with the bike up to the shop (poor thing was chained down on her side in the bed of a pickup, but the other option was pushing for another 37 miles).

ANYWAYS, It was actually lovely to have the time to look at the leaves, smell fall (and an unfortunate number of chicken houses), and just reflect on how lucky we are to be able to enjoy being out on two wheels and not just see the world but to smell, hear, feel, taste, and interact with it. Adventures, no matter the size, are still adventures.

kneeskids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,848
Moved to Day Trippin'
Old 12-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #3
HAULINDAVE
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 44
brings back memories from the 60s & 70s and the start of a great life of riding !
Been riding for over 45yrs , motocross , endures , road-racing . Always have at least a road bike and dualsport . True Adventure Rider . Always want to explore , see whats on the other side of the mountain or around the bend .

Adventure Rider !
HAULINDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote