User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #91
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Hey Drop,

I have received recent word that the Carbon Fiber C3 will most likely *not* be making it's way to the US. On another note, if it it it would likely be dramatically more expensive than the standard C3.

All things subject to change, we are at the mercy of Schuberth North America for now.

To their credit they have a done a good job of listening and responding to dealers and customers to date.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
I wear an medium Arai Profile and found that the medium Schuberth that I tried at the Seattle motorcycle show fit nicely.
When will the carbon fibre model be available and will it be the same price?
Thanks.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #92
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,136
Anthony;

Thanks for the update on the carbon model...........I could see spending $2-300 more for the carbon, but anything else will just be too much.
I am going to wait until March to make my purchase as my bikes are off the road at the moment.
I will also add that I was very impressed with the quality of the C3.......I'm looking forward to getting one.

Cheers
Old 12-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #93
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

You got it drop. Let me know what else I could offer.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Anthony;

Thanks for the update on the carbon model...........I could see spending $2-300 more for the carbon, but anything else will just be too much.
I am going to wait until March to make my purchase as my bikes are off the road at the moment.
I will also add that I was very impressed with the quality of the C3.......I'm looking forward to getting one.

Cheers

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #94
dfsavgny
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Sizing

I wear a large in the Arai RX-Q (a little snug but okay). Would a large in the C3 be comparable?
dfsavgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #95
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey DF,

If you are very snug in the Large RX-Q that probably puts you at about a 60cm head size, the C3's sizing is slightly small, with the L topping out at 59. You would probably be on the small end of an XL C3.

I would start there.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsavgny View Post
I wear a large in the Arai RX-Q (a little snug but okay). Would a large in the C3 be comparable?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #96
CA Dreaming
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
C3 Sizing...XXXL

For those rider with BIG heads read on please.

I've been wearing XXXL helmets for years. Even though my head ONLY measures 62 CM/24 1/2" (which is solidly in the XXL range for most helmets) I'm forced to wear XXXL in almost every helmet I've ever tried. The exception was the Arai XD3 I used to own which was an XXL. I currently wear a Shoei RF-1100 in XXXL and it fits me well. I've worn Arai long-oval helmets for years (Signet....Profile) in XXXL.

While at the show in Long Beach last month I tried on an XXXL C3. BEST FITTING helmet I've ever had on!
2009 R1200GS Adventure
CA Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #97
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Thanks so much for the Feedback and chiming in. It helps everyone.

Just to clarify, your head shape is a long oval.

What do you think of chin / face clearance compared to the Profile?

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dreaming View Post
For those rider with BIG heads read on please.

I've been wearing XXXL helmets for years. Even though my head ONLY measures 62 CM/24 1/2" (which is solidly in the XXL range for most helmets) I'm forced to wear XXXL in almost every helmet I've ever tried. The exception was the Arai XD3 I used to own which was an XXL. I currently wear a Shoei RF-1100 in XXXL and it fits me well. I've worn Arai long-oval helmets for years (Signet....Profile) in XXXL.

While at the show in Long Beach last month I tried on an XXXL C3. BEST FITTING helmet I've ever had on!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #98
CA Dreaming
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Thanks so much for the Feedback and chiming in. It helps everyone.

Just to clarify, your head shape is a long oval.

What do you think of chin / face clearance compared to the Profile?

Best,

Anthony
Anthony,

Yes, my head is a long oval. That said I can wear certain Arai intermediate oval helmets (such as the XD3) in XXL. My current Shoei RF-1100 (XXXL) is the first non-Arai I've been able to wear in over 20 years.

I didn't really notice any issues with chin/face clearance with the C3, must have been just fine. The only other clamshell helmet I've had on was a Scorpion EXO-900. Fit was similar, but the C3 seemed to fit much more comfortably.
2009 R1200GS Adventure
CA Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #99
dfsavgny
n00b

Quote:
Hey DF,

If you are very snug in the Large RX-Q that probably puts you at about a 60cm head size, the C3's sizing is slightly small, with the L topping out at 59. You would probably be on the small end of an XL C3.

I would start there.

Thanks,

Anthony
Thanks Anthony. My head is 58cm. Will there be Schuberth Helmets at the Motorcycle show at the Javits at the end of January?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #100
thjakits
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Cool2

Hi Anthony,

tried to get hold of you just before Christmas to ask, what your experience with the C3 is - I understand you use one, so you could advise what to use for size.
Unfortunately you're (always) busy - so I listened to Patrick and Chris and ordered XL, although my measurements put my exactly into L in your Schuberth chart..... - P+C where quite insistent on going up one size, I hope they are right! :)

So, what fits your noggin'? Is your helmet 1 size up from the chart?

Cheers,

Thomas
thjakits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #101
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi DF -

They will be at IMS 100%. I will be there floating around as well.

We are finding that all of the riders on the fringe between sizes need to go up to the larger. They are a snug fit.

Anthony

Quote:
Thanks Anthony. My head is 58cm. Will there be Schuberth Helmets at the Motorcycle show at the Javits at the end of January?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #102
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi Thomas,

Sorry you could not get me. I spend a lot of time in meetings, buried in my machine, email and development. My desk phone rings and rings. I truly wish I was less busy and could just geek on gear all day

I also happened to be taking my 2.5 year old to Disney for the first time last week, so I have been pretty inaccessible for the last couple of weeks. Now I am off to new-year-catch-up-a-thon.

If you were anywhere near the cusp. Go up the size. They run very snug, by design but if you are in the middle or have a pronounced round or long oval head going up will be the move.

I am wearing a Medium and it's quite form fitting.

Good luck in the new year,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by thjakits View Post
Hi Anthony,

tried to get hold of you just before Christmas to ask, what your experience with the C3 is - I understand you use one, so you could advise what to use for size.
Unfortunately you're (always) busy - so I listened to Patrick and Chris and ordered XL, although my measurements put my exactly into L in your Schuberth chart..... - P+C where quite insistent on going up one size, I hope they are right! :)

So, what fits your noggin'? Is your helmet 1 size up from the chart?

Cheers,

Thomas

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #103
dfsavgny
n00b

SRC System

I see the SRC bluetooth system was developed with Cardio. So can it communicate with Cardio Scala systems or only other SRCs? Is it commensurate with Scala G2 or G4?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #104
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey DF,

The Schuberth SRC System IMO is closer to the G4 than the Q2 in features, but it has a shorter bike-to-bike range than the G4 due to its lack of external antenna. It doesnt bother me though.

It is compatible with other SRC's, G4's and Q2's.

Check out our video review and install video if it has not hit your radar already.

Keep the questions coming.. :-)

Anthony

Quote:
I see the SRC bluetooth system was developed with Cardio. So can it communicate with Cardio Scala systems or only other SRCs? Is it commensurate with Scala G2 or G4?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #105
dfsavgny
n00b

Quote:
Hey DF,

The Schuberth SRC System IMO is closer to the G4 than the Q2 in features, but it has a shorter bike-to-bike range than the G4 due to its lack of external antenna. It doesnt bother me though.

It is compatible with other SRC's, G4's and Q2's.

Check out our video review and install video if it has not hit your radar already.

Keep the questions coming.. :-)

Anthony
Nice video. Presently I use the Parrott SK4800. Not an intercom which I am not too concerned. I can't seem to find the answer about the Cardo or SRC systems with regard to voice commands. From what I understand is that VOX is used to answer incoming calls or access the intercom (if paired). Is that correct?

What concerns me about both the SRC and Cardo system itself is the need to use buttons that are up around your head. The Parrot has a remote on your handlebar. Then if you press to change from radio or mp3 to phone you can use voice command to make a phone call.

Can that be done with the SRC?

The Parrot actually downloads your address book from your phone (like most new bluetooth profiles in cages) and announces who is calling. Similarly you can voice dila by saying the name in your phone book (the Parrot will ask which number if there are several for that person) and you can use voice to hang up, redail or reject an incoming call. Does the SRC system upload your phone book and give you the ability for voice dialing etc?