ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #46
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.C View Post
My bad, yes it's Altrider, we are on the road dodging the New Zealand rain and was going from memory... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it
Hey Mike,

How are the V2 Skid Plates and Tool Boxes working out for you?

New Zealand...nice...hope your trip is going well over there...very envious over here!



Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #47
Mike.C
Stelvio Dreamer!
 
Mike.C's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Brisbane-Australia
Oddometer: 589
Bloody fantastic, the promised pics are coming.... just waiting for the right opportunity. We are currently in St Arnaud, just done a bit of chain maintenance before heading off down the Rainbow road and then up through Molesworth Station tomorrow and Sunday. I should be able to find a spot for a Motooverland promo shot up in the Molesworth high country.

Pics here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646889
__________________
Cheers, Mike
Don't just look at it - Ride the bloody thing!
Mike.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #48
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.C View Post
Bloody fantastic, the promised pics are coming.... just waiting for the right opportunity. We are currently in St Arnaud, just done a bit of chain maintenance before heading off down the Rainbow road and then up through Molesworth Station tomorrow and Sunday. I should be able to find a spot for a Motooverland promo shot up in the Molesworth high country.

Pics here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646889
Hey no worries on the pics! I'm just glad to hear you're happy with them.
I already see some pics I like on your RR. I think they'll just happen on their own on that trip!

I haven't read it yet just looked at the pics...



Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #49
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual
 
Motoriley's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Deepest darkest burbs of Montreal
Oddometer: 2,673
Skiddin'

Got a few rides in but the plate is still "new" looking. Come April I'll give it a real test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
Yip

...something's bound to end up there!

Don't remember if you got much riding in after you installed the skid plate but how do you like it?

Dave
__________________
04 Toyota Sienna, new wipers for 2011!!
Electricity (120 AC), Indoor Plumbing, new kitchen tap for 2010!!!
Color tube TV, Microwave Oven (yes she rotates!),Washer & Dryer,Paved Driveway,
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:40 AM   #50
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley View Post
Got a few rides in but the plate is still "new" looking. Come April I'll give it a real test.
Give it the boots! I know I don't have to say that to you though!

Anyone out there have SW-Motech's centre stand on their bike?

I'm curious on the clearance with the sidestand.

Thanks,

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #51
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
MOD F800 GS Side Stand Foot Proto 2

Here is the second proto of the MOD F800GS Side Stand Foot.



The size has been increased to 2.6x the original side stand foot size.
The one edge has been changed to have the least amount of impact on raising and lowering the stand. In other words the "over compensation lean" to the opposite side when raising and lowering the stand.



When the side stand is up there is a minimal amount of protrusion to the outside of the bike. Less likely to get ripped off and/or do damage to anything.

This is with the BMW centre stand. I would like to see how the SW-Motech one is shaped back there.

I'll get into the hardware locking system next...

Thanks,

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #52
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual
 
Motoriley's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Deepest darkest burbs of Montreal
Oddometer: 2,673
Thumb Custom foot

Very nice! It was a nice touch putting the big M for Motoriley on it as well.
Guess I have to be the first to officially order one then...let me know the $$.


Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
Here is the second proto of the MOD F800GS Side Stand Foot.



The size has been increased to 2.6x the original side stand foot size.
The one edge has been changed to have the least amount of impact on raising and lowering the stand. In other words the "over compensation lean" to the opposite side when raising and lowering the stand.



When the side stand is up there is a minimal amount of protrusion to the outside of the bike. Less likely to get ripped off and/or do damage to anything.

This is with the BMW centre stand. I would like to see how the SW-Motech one is shaped back there.

I'll get into the hardware locking system next...

Thanks,

Dave
__________________
04 Toyota Sienna, new wipers for 2011!!
Electricity (120 AC), Indoor Plumbing, new kitchen tap for 2010!!!
Color tube TV, Microwave Oven (yes she rotates!),Washer & Dryer,Paved Driveway,
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #53
soph9
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
that looks sweet Dave....when you think they will be available and how much are you thinking?
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #54
Bushav8r
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bushav8r's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northern Ontario
Oddometer: 121
Thumb

I really like the new and improved Mark II or whatever. I prefer naked as opposed to painted. It looks huge when you see it mounted on the bike! It will be nice not having to scramble around looking for something to jam under the sidestand. Do you think the added weight might cause the side stand to flop around? Nice tires too btw!
Bushav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #55
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley View Post
Very nice! It was a nice touch putting the big M for Motoriley on it as well.
Guess I have to be the first to officially order one then...let me know the $$.
You seem to have few custom bits with the M on it!

The only thing is this one isn't going to "measure up" to your Ikea special as it only adds 2mm to the height. You were looking for closer to 10mm which is something we are going to look at next...

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #56
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
that looks sweet Dave....when you think they will be available and how much are you thinking?
Hey Leslie,

I still have to do the one up for the F798Gs as it's different. It actually is the mirror image of the F8 one so it's length = the F8's width and the width = the F8's length

Why oh why?

Anyhow really hoping to have some done for the Vancouver Moto Show:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647893

I'm sure you are going...

Price not quite confirmed yet as the "fancy bolt locking system" is still being tested.

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #57
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushav8r View Post
I really like the new and improved Mark II or whatever. I prefer naked as opposed to painted. It looks huge when you see it mounted on the bike! It will be nice not having to scramble around looking for something to jam under the sidestand. Do you think the added weight might cause the side stand to flop around? Nice tires too btw!
Thanks!

It does look big when it's tucked up there...lot's of clearance though...and then not-so-big when it's down?

No the weight isn't a problem. In fact this one only weighs about 50gm. (2 oz.) which is MUCH lighter than a stainless steel one would be.

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #58
soph9
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
we shall wait Dave...loving all your stuff...glad to hear Triumph is going to be at the show.... We will see you there at the show!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #59
Bushav8r
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bushav8r's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northern Ontario
Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley View Post
Very nice! It was a nice touch putting the big M for Motoriley on it as well.
Guess I have to be the first to officially order one then...let me know the $$.

Can I be the second to officially order one?
Bushav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #60
soph9
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
i wonder what the motorcycle show price will be Dave??????????? JK
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014