Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
GY333
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi GY333,

this suit has been released in year 2000, named Slider Wind Tracksuit. Was available in perforated version too. A leather jacket with similar design was released the same year. It has been a great success until new generation of built-in-protectors was launched by Spidi.

Let me know if you need additional help.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Thank you very much for your response. Just one more question. Until when was this Slider Wind Tracksuit manufactured?

BTW, this one is fully perforated. It just doesn't show in the photo. It also has the areo hump in the back.
GY333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:52 AM   #17
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by GY333 View Post
Thank you very much for your response. Just one more question. Until when was this Slider Wind Tracksuit manufactured?

BTW, this one is fully perforated. It just doesn't show in the photo. It also has the areo hump in the back.
Hi Gy,

yes yours' Slider Wind Tracksuit. It has been one of our first Suits with big Aerodinamic Hump on the back. Last production was 2003.
you can find our full leathersuit collection in www.leathersuit.com

Main sub-categories are bovine leather / kangaroo leather suits. Kangaroo leather (used by all our MotoGP and World Superbike riders) is much thinner than bovine (0,7 cms vs. 1,3) providing same abrasion performance, this resulting in a lighter kit (minus 1 kg).

Kangaroo leather is also more expensive, more difficult to find in high-quality serie, but resulting in much more comfortable suit.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #18
motu
Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer: 4,355
I've had a Spidi textile jacket for over 10 years,not sure of the model,but it's long and a greeny colour,hard armour in elbows and shoulders,foam back protector.It has a zip in liner,and some vents in the front.I use it for all my riding,on the road in all weathers,I've used it on adventure rides,and it's always covered in dust from all the gravel roads I ride.The white membrane in the sleeves is starting to flake off,but otherwise it's in great shape.I've had leather jackets not last this long.I'd be lost without it.
motu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:52 AM   #19
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motu View Post
I've had a Spidi textile jacket for over 10 years,not sure of the model,but it's long and a greeny colour,hard armour in elbows and shoulders,foam back protector.It has a zip in liner,and some vents in the front.I use it for all my riding,on the road in all weathers,I've used it on adventure rides,and it's always covered in dust from all the gravel roads I ride.The white membrane in the sleeves is starting to flake off,but otherwise it's in great shape.I've had leather jackets not last this long.I'd be lost without it.
Hi Motu,

thanks for the report.
We can not recognize jacket from your description, it should be very nice if you'd post a picture of it (and you wearing it of course!).

Thanks a lot

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:23 AM   #20
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Oddometer: 2,855
Would you please consider making your garments in material other than black?

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:58 AM   #21
garrydymond
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
365 Jacket

Matteo,

I have a 365 jacket that had a detachable H2O lner. I lost the liner when the top box on my BMW decided to fall off the bike. I never saw the box or the liner again. Is there anyway I can get another liner as it is an excellent jacket but now not very useful, I live in Mexico City so this could be a complication? Perhaps you can ship it directly from Italy. The Jacket is a 3/4 length with mesh parts of the body and sleeves. If possible please give me an idea of the cost of the liner and shippng.
Thanks

Garry

www.garryhostel.com
Old 01-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #22
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi Gear for ADVrider: hi-visibility in motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riteris View Post
Would you please consider making your garments in material other than black?
Hi Chris.

Spidi has Design as one of its 3 focus: we combine Safety|Comfort|Design to maximize the ideal Motorsport Lifestyle.
Our use of colors has always been a benchmark in the market.
Color is important especially when touring in dusty/ dark places, in these cases color means Active Safety: lots of research prove that colors different than black (especially bright colors close to white) make rider more visible to cars.
So, yes we suggest the use of colors different than black in Touring Kits, like you can see here:

First Jacket

or here:

Venture Jacket

Moreover, Spidi has been researching a lot in the last 5 years to get a full line of hi-visibility items for motorcycle ride; Spidi interpreted these data and developed a line of products aimed at combining hi visibility with top on-the-bike performance.

Check the full Hi-Visibility line out clicking here , featuring CE En471 Certified fabrics and reflex that greatly increase active rider safety in poor visibility conditions, for example by allowing car drivers higher reaction times and levels of attention. the first item in this category has been the Flux Rainsuit (2005) , been followed by the revolutionary H1 Life Vest (2007) and culminating with the latest Voyager H2:

Voyager H2

Hope this has been enough to give you an idea of how much we care about color.

Thanks for your attention.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 01-12-2011 at 10:25 AM
Old 01-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #23
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi Gear for ADVrider: step-in-clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrydymond View Post
Matteo,

I have a 365 jacket that had a detachable H2O lner. I lost the liner when the top box on my BMW decided to fall off the bike. ...

Garry

www.garryhostel.com
Hi Garry.
All Spidi H2Out jackets with removable H2Out liner are what we call Step-in-clothing: you can see how the sistem works clicking this link. Basically we provide two standard waterproof liner that you can use as a replacement for all Step-in-clothing jackets; one liner is called Rain Chest , waterproof/ breathable, very light and easy to wear, good for warmer climates:

The other one is the Rain Chest Evo and is both waterproof-breathable and warm, ideal for colder weathers:

You can fix both items under every Spidi jackets featuring the Step-in-clothing buttons on the inner side.

You can buy Spidi items through US retailers (see list here) or in spidi.com website (we ship to Mexico).

Hope this has satisfied your request.

Thanks for the attention.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 01-11-2011 at 11:50 AM
Old 01-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #24
garrydymond
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Wow, thanks for the fast reply. I'll check out my jacket to see how the liner fits.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #25
Riteris
Dessert Runner

I keep going back to the Ergo jacket. That is something I would like to see in something other than black.

Also, it would be nice to be able try try the jacket on in a shop before buying. Will you be expanding your dealer network in the US anytime soon?

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Old 01-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #26
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riteris View Post
I keep going back to the Ergo jacket. That is something I would like to see in something other than black.

Also, it would be nice to be able try try the jacket on in a shop before buying. Will you be expanding your dealer network in the US anytime soon?
Hi Riteris,

this is a good suggestion we're evaluating at the moment.
Venture jacket is a good alternative to Ergo: Step-in-clothing, 3 layers (shield + membrane + thermal lining), multipocket, adventure style; it's available in grey or white as you can see in previous post.

Regarding our network, please let me know which city you would like to try Ergo 05 jacket on and I'll do my best to make it possible soon.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #27
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Regarding our network, please let me know which city you would like to try Ergo 05 jacket on and I'll do my best to make it possible soon.

I am in Washington, DC.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #28
ObtuseMoose
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Spidi X-Master Buffalo Boots

Matteo

Whats up with the supply line on the X-Master Buffalo boots?? I've had a pair on backorder for 5 months now at Kneedraggers.

When, if ever, can we expect to see them in the suppliers hands again? If they aren't going to materialize I'll cancel my order, get my money back and move on.

I really wanted to give them a try, but approaching half a year on backorder is becoming a bit much....

Any clues appreciated.
(*Edit: I realize technically that H2Out is an XPD brandline but functionally its a Spidi division, no?...)

ObtuseMoose screwed with this post 01-14-2011 at 03:47 PM
ObtuseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #29
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObtuseMoose View Post
Matteo

Whats up with the supply line on the X-Master Buffalo boots?? I've had a pair on backorder for 5 months now at Kneedraggers.

When, if ever, can we expect to see them in the suppliers hands again? If they aren't going to materialize I'll cancel my order, get my money back and move on.

I really wanted to give them a try, but approaching half a year on backorder is becoming a bit much....

Any clues appreciated.
(*Edit: I realize technically that H2Out is an XPD brandline but functionally its a Spidi division, no?...)
Hi Moose,

yes, XPD Boots is a division of Spidi Sport Company, you can find the full range here: www.xpdboots.com
XPD Boots line features the same quality of construction as Spidi range (for example, it's membrane is H2Out, same as Spidi), it's designed by the same designers, and mostly produced in Romania's factories, very close to our Vicenza Headquarter.

Regarding X-Master Buffalo, I believe it's almost impossible you will receive it cause of it's out of stock here in Italy too. I know kneedraggers guys work very well, probably in this case there's been a lack of communication between us and them on this point. My suggestion is you could evaluate this alternative:
http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/...X-Tourer-Boots
I'm sure it's on stock now.

Don't hesitate to come back to me for additional doubts.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #30
ObtuseMoose
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Regarding X-Master Buffalo, I believe it's almost impossible you will receive it cause of it's out of stock here in Italy too.
Matteo, you were supposed to come back and tell me good news and by good news I mean only what I wanted to hear, not reality!

Truly appreciate the insight. I'll look at the Tourer's but I was really, really lusting after the vintage leather....
ObtuseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote