Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #31
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,537
Now that I have already finished to install the 685 kit on my KLR, and she had heard me say that is really smooth and faster, now she wants soon another ride to confirm that!!

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #32
AleXtz
Minimal2 the fulness

Oddometer: 68
Hey Arte i been around that Elias Calles Dam too, and around there like 10-15 km away is a place called "Boca de Tunel" is marked on a map that you showed us, i dont know the elevation of that place but is a W H O L E different ecosystem, is not like semi-arid dried-thorn bushes, is not that dusty in fact you ride on a big pinkish rock terrain; and they have some tracks for mountain bikes, this poleas things from one mount to another in few words a very eco-turistic place. When you drive around there you will fall in love,

Boca de Tunel is around those mountains in the back

if you go one day take travel over there, it has became my favorite spot in aguascalientes

By the way, se le extraña en el foro touareg hermano!
AleXtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #33
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleXtz View Post
Hey Arte i been around that Elias Calles Dam too, and around there like 10-15 km away is a place called "Boca de Tunel" is marked on a map that you showed us, i dont know the elevation of that place but is a W H O L E different ecosystem, is not like semi-arid dried-thorn bushes, is not that dusty in fact you ride on a big pinkish rock terrain; and they have some tracks for mountain bikes, this poleas things from one mount to another in few words a very eco-turistic place. When you drive around there you will fall in love,

Boca de Tunel is around those mountains in the back

if you go one day take travel over there, it has became my favorite spot in aguascalientes

By the way, se le extraña en el foro touareg hermano!
Que tal Alex

Thanks for the boca del tunnel tip, I have been riding at that area three times before but never went to the tunnel. I will walk it next time.
como anda el foro de tuaregs? ya crecio mas?

saludos

OOPS! LOOKS LIKE MY PICTURES EXCEEDED THE BANDWIDTH. Hope I can fix it asap.

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 01-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #34
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,414
Yay pictures!! (when I read it yesterday you'd exceeded your bandwidth, guess you fixed that ) How fun it must have been, she looks like she's having a total blast! Another ADV-ette in the making, woohoo!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #35
AleXtz
Minimal2 the fulness

Oddometer: 68
que tal Arte,

touareg forum has grow a little bit, but the old school users that really take rides and dont post that much are planning having drinks at Caballero Aguila's house. if you are around mexico city let me know to see if there is a trip being planned, because crazy riders like you are scarcing

paz!
AleXtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #36
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Yay pictures!! (when I read it yesterday you'd exceeded your bandwidth, guess you fixed that ) How fun it must have been, she looks like she's having a total blast! Another ADV-ette in the making, woohoo!!!
on the way back, the weather started to cool down, and her jacket is mesh fabric, so while riding I asked few times if she was cold, she said no always.

I knew she was't too warm but I guessed she did not wanted to look like she did not liked the ride.

I stoped at and she put other light jacket inside, then she said... well I was a little cold.

so I explained her that we can do as many stops as needed, since the objective is to ride comfortable to enjoy. She got it.... Just hope that next ride she dont pull me over for hair combing or some fingernail make up...

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 01-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #37
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte View Post
so I explained her that we can do as many stops as needed, since the objective is to ride comfortable to enjoy. She got it.... Just hope that next ride she dont pull me over for hair combing or some fingernail make up...
LOL!! Doesn't sound like she'll ever be one so prissy as that, but even if she was she is I doubt she'll ask her papa to pull over for it. She seems to like riding, which I think is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #38
nicomama
Rugged Rider

Oddometer: 468
Arturo, you are amazing!

Oh Arturo,

I was filled with joy seeing the huge smile on Paloma's face throughout your entire wonderful ride report...

These moments are lifetime memories that help build those little angels' love of life. What a gift you are giving your sweet girl. You have inspired me to get my daughter out there. She's already eyeing the pink riding gear.

My best to you and Paloma. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to come visit the two of you on my DRZ.

My best,
Nicole
nicomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #39
eap
El Adventurero Solitario

Oddometer: 3,240
Quote:
We got to Aguascalientes soon and parked all bikes near the place that Frank chosed for us to have breakfast.

SNIP...

the two little riding girls of the day (my daughter and my cousin's daughter)

Snip
Lindas, preciosas y felices... Te felicito don Arte
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride," -From 'Eldorado', Edgar Allen Poe (1849) http://www.eapoe.org/works/poems/eldrdoa.htm
eap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #40
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eap View Post
Lindas, preciosas y felices... Te felicito don Arte

Gracias eap,
I like your line signature from Poe. I have read most of his work, one of the best short story practicioners.

arte

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 01-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #41
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicomama View Post
Oh Arturo,

I was filled with joy seeing the huge smile on Paloma's face throughout your entire wonderful ride report...

These moments are lifetime memories that help build those little angels' love of life. What a gift you are giving your sweet girl. You have inspired me to get my daughter out there. She's already eyeing the pink riding gear.

My best to you and Paloma. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to come visit the two of you on my DRZ.

My best,
Nicole
Many thanks Nicole,

Lets hope that in a near future the girls can meet in a ride.

Probably next year we will be again visiting relatives at California (LA and San Jose)

saludos

Arturo

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 01-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #42
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
Very nice arte. I took my wife to that same restaurant on the beach when i was there this last summer.

Did you make it over to Real de asientos to see the tunnel?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 PM   #43
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
Very nice arte. I took my wife to that same restaurant on the beach when i was there this last summer.

Did you make it over to Real de asientos to see the tunnel?
Nope, but this PUEBLO MAGICO is on the list next time.

Did you know that those tunnels where built back in XVIII Century to filter and conduct the water and avoid floodings on the church,
but since then were forgotten and they were re-discovered until 2001 !!

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 01-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #44
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
Nope, but this PUEBLO MAGICO is on the list next time.

Did you know that those tunnels where built back in XVIII Century to filter and conduct the water and avoid floodings on the church,
but since then were forgotten and they were re-discovered until 2001 !!

Yeah the tour is real neat. Its interesting to go down there and see some of the tunnels that are still filled with water, it is crystal clear. The road there is real nice but be careful with loose gravel.

The tour guide told us that they are always discovering new tunnels under the city and that they are planning to open more tunnels in the next few years. Ill have to go back and visit when they have more tunnels open.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #45
ScottV
bigdoggscott

Oddometer: 1,097
Great report, her smile says it all.

Pushin My Luck~~~ R.L. Burnside
ScottV is offline   Reply With Quote